Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Crying

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM
  • 14 Replies
My dd will turn 5 months old next Saturday. Whenever I put her down to get anything done, she cries until I pick her up, but sometimes even that doesn't help. What can I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jridgill
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:43 AM
My little one is the same way. Sometimes she just has to cry for a minute and after she stops butbi have a baby carrier I use. You can also look into a wrap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:10 AM

Wear her!  She is at that age where contact is very important... she is beginning to understadn object permanence and needs to be able to KNOW you are there for her.  Validate this and respond lovingly and she will grow out of it.  You canNOT spoil her with love, affection, or holding!

ishie4ever
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 8:52 PM
I put her where she can see and hear me and I speak to her and look at her to reassure her. She also does this when I am driving. Any suggestions for that?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asilenna
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I distract her with something on TV thats colorful (baby einstien is AMAZING!) or a loud toy. Most of the time when I dont have to use the potty(lol) and can bring her with me, I just carry her on my hip or what not. I dont mind.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:07 PM

I agree. Wear/hold her. :)

janeleesmom
by on Mar. 29, 2011 at 9:11 PM

Quoting jridgill:

My little one is the same way. Sometimes she just has to cry for a minute and after she stops butbi have a baby carrier I use. You can also look into a wrap.

I had to do this too! If I did anything I had to put her in a baby carrier. I also had a swing that she loved. It had sounds of the ocean, I think the waves calmed her dowm.  Oh, I miiss those days. She is to busy for me now..

Mom71307
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:34 PM

That is a tough time.  Both my kids hated their infant carriers but when I switched them to RFing convertibles they did better!  THey are both still RFing at 3 1/2 and 1 1/2 and both do great!  They hated those infant seats though!

Quoting ishie4ever:

I put her where she can see and hear me and I speak to her and look at her to reassure her. She also does this when I am driving. Any suggestions for that?

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Breastfeeding tickersBreastfeeding tickers" />
Mom71307
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:35 PM

Also, a mirror that attaches securely to the car headrest or top tether anchor so it is not  a projectile might help.  Something colorful so she can see herself too!

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:43 PM

Wear her.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 30, 2011 at 12:47 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Wear her.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)