Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

SAHMs!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM
  • 22 Replies
How do you do it with a newborn?
I was a SAHM with DD but I was also living with my parents so my mom helped out tremendously.

This time around with DS I don't have that help...my SO is working a lot and when he isn't working, he's going to be in school. Today he has to be at work at 10am, he gets off work at 3, and has class at 5:30 until 9:30

I'm not sure how well I am going to handle not having any help so I wanted to hear from the mamas that do it all on their own
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TX.Momma.23
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:57 AM
I do it on my own- DH is gone 12 hrs a day!! You get into a routine and it becomes easy eventually.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Klbushman
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:58 AM

My husband works alot too and my family is 600 miles away. It was really hard, still is sometimes, but the first three months were the most difficult.  Just put most of your focus on the baby.  It's not the end of the world if the laundry or dishes don't get done.  Use naptimes to recooperate lol.  Either take a nap of your own or something that you at least enjoy.  It really does get easier.  My dd is 14 months now and I remember thinking when she was a baby "How am I going to get through this?"  Well we did, one day at a time.  Good luck mama!

KaelynnsMommy64
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:16 AM

ive been a single mom since my dd was born. i agree with pp. when the baby naps relax to avoid getting overwhelmed. the first  few days home i was worried about cleaning and doing laundry instead of resting and it caught up to me.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:19 AM

You'll get into a routine,and it'll get easier.Hubby's always worked long hours,so I got use to it.

ttcagirl86
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:24 AM

I agree. I have 4 children ages 7, almost 5, 2, and 1. When I brought my youngest home from the hospital my 2 year old was only about 10 1/2 months old. I had 2 babies to take care of. It didn't help that he was a very clingy baby and then I bring homne another one. It was rough for the first few weeks.
I agree with the PP's, you will get into a routine. Things will become easier and easier, not saying everything or all the time but it does help out a lot!

sjdmommyof3
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:31 AM

I have 3 kids, ages 5, 14 mos, 2 mos. My husband is at work 14 hrs a day. Its just easy for me. I dont know why. Guess i was just meant to be a mommy lol. But it is a great deal easier if you get a routine going on. Meals, snacks, naps at a certain time, ect...

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
I do it on my own I have a 2 year old and an almost 5 month old. I do all the shopping and doctors appointments (between 16-22appointments a month)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Plus I do school and clean and all that
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Just try your best to get a good routine in place... If you can include your older child in helping with the baby too that keeps them busy. It just took time to adjust, but I got used to it fairly quick.
Flaca43
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 11:09 AM
Me too. It might be overwhelming at first but it will get easier.

Quoting TX.Momma.23:

I do it on my own- DH is gone 12 hrs a day!! You get into a routine and it becomes easy eventually.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)