Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did you put oatmeal in the bottle??

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM
  • 42 Replies

Ok so my daughter is 5 weeks 4 days old. She eats 5 oz every 2-3 hrs. She doesnt seem to be getting full all the time. She is getting a milk belly ( i think its cute) but of course you have to mixed suggestions from people. Some people usually older people saying put a little cereal in the bottle. A little oatmeal will coat her tummy. You know how people give suggestions. I am a little skeptical! When did you put oatmeal in the bottle? Why would you not? if you dont suggest giving cereal this early what do you suggest? I dont want to feed her all day every minute but i want her full!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rbailey2414
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM
Never!!! She is probably going through a growth spurt or wants to be soothed.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:00 PM

Never!! I would just continue to feed your daughter on demand at 5 weeks.

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

1_Teen_Mom
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:03 PM
I agree with PPs.

Babies that young can't digest cereal or anything other than formula/breastmilk properly. She is probably going through a growth spurt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovin.my.boys
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:05 PM

Quoting 1_Teen_Mom:

I agree with PPs.

Babies that young can't digest cereal or anything other than formula/breastmilk properly. She is probably going through a growth spurt.

Karasfirst
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:10 PM
I have to agree with everyone here. I think she is just going through a growth spurt. Feed on demand, Her little tummy isnt reasy for cereal yet.
egurl85
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:12 PM

I do feed on demand NOTE I HAVE NOT GIVEN HER CEREAL older women all suggest that saying thats what they did so I figured I would ask on here and research! i felt she was to young too! But since this is my first child I was unsure!

Karasfirst
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:30 PM

Alot of older women say to give cereal. I got it all the time! It can be really confusing to hear so many different opinions on feeding, especially since this is your first. If your ever unsure talk to your pediatrician and see what they think. Good luck mama!

egurl85
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:36 PM

Quoting Karasfirst:

Alot of older women say to give cereal. I got it all the time! It can be really confusing to hear so many different opinions on feeding, especially since this is your first. If your ever unsure talk to your pediatrician and see what they think. Good luck mama!

thank you momma! women on here are thinking im using this website asking this question like cafemom is the doc! im not im just asking other moms on here with closer age groups what they did! I am def gonna talk to my doc before making this decision its just nice to see what other moms do!

abra
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:41 PM

I think I did around 8 months with my other kids. My son is a big eater, though. He is 4.5 months old and eats close to 40 oz a day. I pump because it is easier for me. He takes 10 oz in the early  morning. Another 10oz around noon. 8 oz mid afternoon, 5-6 oz around dinner and then another 8-10 before going to bed.

jadensmom14
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I dont think putting oatmeal in her bottle is a good idea. Babies arent made to have solid foods until they are 6 months old. Shes still very little she will eat often my son ate every 1 1/2 to 2 hours when he was that age. Wait a few months and introduce rice cereal with a spoon. A little girl I babysit for, her mom only gave her cereal in her bottle and now at a year old she refuses any food on a spoon

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)