Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how many husbands help with the babies...

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM
  • 27 Replies
I wish my husband would help. We have 5 children with our newest addition ouronly daughter. I wake up with her at night I change and bath every child. I put them to bed. I cook I clean I do it all and honestly I'm tired of it. I feel so tired but I push myself to do it. And when I mention to him that I'm tired he says nothing. Most of the times he comes home and says tired and lays down to sleep while I manage with the kids. I can lay down for a while cuz if the kids need something or are getting into some he won't get up. I have to. I'm so tired of it......sry I had to vent out. And advice.
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
justanotherjen
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM

I wouldn't put up with it.  They're his kids, too, and it's both parents' responsibility to take care of them.

My husband always changes diapers and does bottles when he's home.  We have 5 kids, too.  In fact when I was pregnant with #2 we agreed he would do ALL diaper changes when he was home because it made me so sick I threw up in my mouth several times while changing out oldest (major gag reflex while pregnant).  We had 3 kids right in a row so he did most of the diaper changes for years.

Now, he doesn't do as much with them as I do.  He won't cook for them and only pays enough attention to make sure they don't kill each other but he will get home from work and insist I go lay down because he knows I get mentall exhausted by them and right now there are only 2 of them home during the day (8 months and turning 5 next week).  The other 3 are at school all day (they are 10, 9 and 8).

As they've gotten older I've needed his help less and less but when the older 3 were little he sure as hell helped out with them.  I took a nap every single day when he got home fro work )or before he left depending on his schedule.

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:24 PM

My husband helps out. He will put them to bed, give them baths, play with them, ect

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:34 PM

((((hugs))))

abra
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:38 PM

((hugs)) I am so sorry. Ben tries to give me a break when he gets home, but sometimes I do have to ask him.

LizardAgent
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:39 PM

I'm so sorry. :( 

SO is great with the kids. Plays with them, puts them to bed, changes diapers at night, etc. He probably does as much as I do. 

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:42 PM

Quoting othermom:

My husband helps out. He will put them to bed, give them baths, play with them, ect

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

kamrynlily07
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:44 PM

I am sorry you have to go through this, but like the others said, I would not put up with it.  He needs to realize that when he gets home from work he needs to help with the kids.  Both of you can rest after all of the kids are in bed. 

jadensmom14
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:45 PM

I wouldnt make it an option for him to help you I would say so and so needs a bath im busy you do it etc.... you have to be pushy with men when it comes to kids or they wont do anything and when they do they think they deserve a gold medal lol

MomtoJacobDylan
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:46 PM

we have 2 kids, and my hubby helps out with them, he doesn't always know what to do when the baby is crying and i think that kinda freaks him out, but he tries. And he get sup every night with me for the 2 am feeding and changing of the baby, b/c we both work full time too

cs_1498
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I'm sorry hun. Talk to him and exlpain that you understand he works and is tired but so do you and you need and deserve some help and a break as well. As for my DH yes he helps.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)