Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Super baby needs a super movie

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM
  • 8 Replies

Okay so I am wondering if there are any educational videos/movies/dvd sets for a baby as young as 3 months, other than the Baby Einstein series. We already have Your Baby Can Read, but I remember seeing a documentary about  how babys learn, and am wondering if any of you know of any videos that cater to not only entertaining a baby, but also teaching him and enriching his brain while it develops. Thank you!

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
abra
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:34 PM

We used Bilingual baby videos for our first, but they need to be a bit older for that. :-) Bump!

la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:35 PM

Not sure, bump!

Honeybun09
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Not sure, bump!

Due in May? Join us in May 2011 Babies!

SoniaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:38 PM

I think time for baby to interact w/ parents is a more valuable learning tool than videos. I don't believe in putting videos on for baby to teach them. (BTW, baby Einstein was sued for false claims of their videos teahcing babies and people were rewarded refunds on their videos)

Noodlesbaby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:44 PM

well I dont work, DF does, so I'm at home with him all day. I love spending time with him, we play and dance and sing and read books and nap together, hes my little mini me haha, but sometimes he seems tired of me and just wants to play independently. He has a jumper but he is only 3 months old so other than that not much to play with. I dont want him to watch tv unless hes learning something, unless its benefiting him in some way. and i never knew about the baby einstein thing! good thing we didnt buy it haha

Quoting SoniaL:

I think time for baby to interact w/ parents is a more valuable learning tool than videos. I don't believe in putting videos on for baby to teach them. (BTW, baby Einstein was sued for false claims of their videos teahcing babies and people were rewarded refunds on their videos)

SoniaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:48 PM

He will actually learn more from playing on the floor independantly (when he needs a break, sometimes they do) than froma video.

Quoting Noodlesbaby:

well I dont work, DF does, so I'm at home with him all day. I love spending time with him, we play and dance and sing and read books and nap together, hes my little mini me haha, but sometimes he seems tired of me and just wants to play independently. He has a jumper but he is only 3 months old so other than that not much to play with. I dont want him to watch tv unless hes learning something, unless its benefiting him in some way. and i never knew about the baby einstein thing! good thing we didnt buy it haha

Quoting SoniaL:

http://leangreenmommy.wordpress.com/

Noodlesbaby
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:53 PM

we are wanting to buy one of those playmats with all the toys attatched to it. he hasnt mastered grabbing things on purpose yet, and if i put something in his hand he usually just drops it soon after, but we are getting there ;]

Quoting SoniaL:

He will actually learn more from playing on the floor independantly (when he needs a break, sometimes they do) than froma video.

Quoting Noodlesbaby:

Quoting SoniaL:

Trinity0820
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 3:57 PM

My dd learned from Noggin and me. I wasnt able to spend so much time with my lil man and he's a little behind. but dd was way before track

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)