Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start solids?

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM
  • 6 Replies

Are you formula or breastfeeding? What did you start with? Why did you decide to start when you did? 

in love7/8/04   toddler boyCj 6/11/06  toddler girlEmme 7/12/08

Lilypie - (KetS)

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mom71307
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:31 PM

My daughter at 9 months and my son at 11 months... I BF both!  Both I THINK started with cheerios... or avocado!  I started my daughter then because I thought (stupidly) that she needed it... not true!  My son, I began forcing the issue a bit at 11 months because I wanted him to be able to eat his bday cake a month later and he hadn't eaten any solids yet.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:33 PM
FF and started slowly at 6m.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BrittM1988
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

I breastfed til 5 weeks, then formula, we started with cereal and that was at 5 months, now at 8 months she eats stage 2 and 3 baby foods

SoniaL
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:35 PM

My DD is BF (still at 23 months).  We started solids at 7 1/2 months. We skipped cereal and pureed food and went straight to finger foods. We choose this because it is a more biologically natural way of introducing foods.  

othermom
by Silver Member on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:37 PM

I started all three kids at 4 months on rice cereal. I was formula feeding all three of them at that point. They were needing lots of formula so I slowly started cereal once a day for the first week or so, then after a week weeks went to twice aday and then introduced veggies and fruit

Misery_Stitches
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Both DD (9 yrs old) and DS (1 yr old) were/are breastfed...

DD was on solids from 4 1/2 mths old...

but since have educated myself so DS started at 7 mths old doing mostly baby led weaning

Both started with banana

I am a... baby wearing, part time cloth diapering and part time elimination communication, breastfeeding and pumping while working because breast is best, non-circumsizing, immunizing against all but the flu and chicken pox, part time co-sleeping, recycling, nature loving, artsy crafty Mum born and raised in Aotearoa (New Zealand) that loves her DD (2001 baby) and her DS (2010 baby) and her awesome man to pieces...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)