Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

asthma???

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM
  • 8 Replies
wyatt will be 3 june 27. he has had a cough like all winter! he coughs at night and when hes running around. we r thinking it is some type of asthma...:(
anyone elses LO have asthma? how is it treated?

i am so bummed if this is the case. he is otherwise very healthy. we dont smoke hes not around smoke... aarrgh. help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Janellb
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:50 PM

My 2 year old son has mild asthma and has to take medacine with a nebulizer once a day we have to increase it when he gets a cold.

lauratupper
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:51 PM

BUMP!

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:53 PM
My son (also Wyatt) is 18 months. He was diagnosed about a year ago. Most days we're okay, don't need a breathing treatment, others we need the rescue (albuteroul), and two nebulizer treatments (palmicourt and xopenex).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:00 PM

My sister has Asthma she's 22, and we first found out when she was 3. She has daily inhalers, along with advair, and occasionally breathing treatments.

dmez
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:39 PM
Bump!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chadsmom05
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:43 PM
my5yr old has it.we do flowvent inhaler twice daily(preventive steriod), rescue inhalers and breathing treatments when that doesnt work. hes also on an allegry pill once daily.we see the pulmonalogist every 3 months
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ohmommamia
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:45 PM
Wow I am so surprised to hear that so many are diagnosed so young. I didn't think they would diagnose as official asthma until age 5. I have asthma and my daughter has breathing treatments until we can officially diagnose her. It's no fun at all.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 10:47 PM

Bump, no experience with asthma

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)