Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

No you can't babysit my baby!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM
  • 32 Replies

Some people must think I'm crazy ... Even tho we have lived in our neighborhood since 1996 some of these neighbors have not. Some have recently moved into the neighborhood and when they see me walking with my lil guy they feel the need to come up and start talking to me. I have no problem with that but when you try to rip my son out of the sling and take him away from me,  uhhh we have issues. Then to say "If you ever need a babysitterI'd be happy to do it for free of charge."

Mahalo for the offer but I don't think so. I just don't let anyone take care of my children.

breastfeedingLive sidesplittinglaughterLaugh &

giving heartLots of Aloha!

by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jparker289
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 7:50 PM
We just moved into our house in may of 2010 and our neighbors across the street are the same way, the are always asking to watch the kids. I am the same way, thanks but no thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
proudmommy690
by Christa on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:12 PM

That would be weird!! I have plenty people asking if I wanna give my girls up!!

Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM

That is so odd! I've never had anyone do that to me... You must just give off a friendly vibe.

Preggers_27
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:18 PM

thats crazy yeah ive heard about people having their babies out in public and random strangers walking up trying to hold or touch their babies.. and im still not willing to let some family members watch my son. hes 4 but he takes alot of patience.. but im def not letting anyone watch the baby just me im a stay at home mom for a reason to watch my kids lol.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:19 PM

or they think i'm foolish enough to let them.

Quoting Schleetle:

That is so odd! I've never had anyone do that to me... You must just give off a friendly vibe.

Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Don't mess with mama bear! lol

Quoting mommyhonu:

Quoting Schleetle:

MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:21 PM

I have people offer that all the time... thanks but no. there are only a handful of people I trust and they are ALL related to me.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:23 PM

That's Right!!! LOL! :0)

Quoting Schleetle:

Don't mess with mama bear! lol

Quoting mommyhonu:

Quoting Schleetle:

nevsammomma
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:24 PM
And if they aren't blood I've known them for at least 10yrs I don't trust some of my relatives either

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

I have people offer that all the time... thanks but no. there are only a handful of people I trust and they are ALL related to me.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 8:26 PM

yeah so with you on that... I have 6 sisters... 2 have ever babysat.... I have 3 brothers... they will NEVER babysit... my Mom has never babysat... like I said. Only a handful of people do I trust! NO way some people, even in my family will EVER babysit my kids!!

Quoting nevsammomma:

And if they aren't blood I've known them for at least 10yrs I don't trust some of my relatives either

Quoting MumsTheWord571:

pregnancy due date

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)