Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cloth diapers EDIT IN RED!

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM
  • 84 Replies

how many of you use cloth diapers? if you use them how many does your child go through in a day? how many do you have all together. do you wash them your self, and if so do you just put the poopy diaper in the washer or do you rinse it somewhere 1st? how often do you change your babies diaper, like is it every time they pee? what type do you use?

PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT JUSTSIMPLYBABY.COM! I DONT CARE WHAT SHE IS DOING! I AM NOT BUYING FROM HER I WILL BUY FROOM MY OWN LOCAL BUSINESS WHERE I LIVE!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Schleetle
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM

G-diapers... maybe 5-6 a day?  I rinse/shake the poo into the toilet before washing the diaper.

OutlawMUA
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:11 PM
I use prefolds with flip covers.
I own 4 dozen prefolds and 1 dozen covers.
I wash every 2-3 days with room to spare. :) I could go 4 days probably.
She is 5m and goes through an avg of 8-10 a day sometimes more/less.
I change her every time but you can go two pees.
Newborn/EBF poo goes right in the laundry. Solid poo you dump in the toilet. Anything left after dumping you can rinse in the toilet or just toss in the laundry (I don't rinse).
I store them in a regular diaper pail with a waterproof bag lining it (not a genie, just a step-lid type pail) until wash day.
I wash them myself.
I have CD'd all of my kids (this is my third) and only spent 300.00 total to diaper all three from birth through potty training. I have saved many thousands by using cloth (I would use it even if it cost more though)..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Forget-me-not
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:14 PM

Little lion prefolds and Mudshrimp covers. I wash as needed, I toss them directly into the washer and a few gets done with each load. I use soapnuts to wash with. And LOVE cloth!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TTC2Long
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:16 PM
I have 3dzn unbleached Indian preefolds and 8 covers. I wash every 3 days. There are several excellent cding groups on cm. They have stickies with TONS of good info to get you started and can answer all your questions. They also have For Sale or Trade (FSOT) forums where you can buy what you need. GL!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MorganTho
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:18 PM

My dd is 4 months, and right now I'd say we go through like 6-8 diapers a day, maybe a little more. She's ebf so any poopy dipes go straight into the wash no rinsing necessary. You just do a cold pre-wash before I actually wash the dipes. I change her every 2 hours usually unless I KNOW that she's pooed, then I don't let her sit in them. I use a mix of prefolds and pocket diapers, mostly bumgenius and happy heiny's and a few wahm's. I love cloth diapers, we don't have blow-outs and very rarely have leaks. Even overnight I just double stuff one of her bumgenius diapers and she has no problems all night. If you're deciding on cloth good luck! I Really enjoy it and I would recommend it. It's not much more work than sposies and I only do 2 extra loads of laundry a week, plus it saves a ton of money (but can be addicting!)

lette_with_2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:31 PM

i applied to "cuties with cloth boodies"

Quoting TTC2Long:

I have 3dzn unbleached Indian preefolds and 8 covers. I wash every 3 days. There are several excellent cding groups on cm. They have stickies with TONS of good info to get you started and can answer all your questions. They also have For Sale or Trade (FSOT) forums where you can buy what you need. GL!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
lette_with_2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:38 PM

what is the difference in the cloth diapers, prefolds, pocket diapers?

Quoting MorganTho:

My dd is 4 months, and right now I'd say we go through like 6-8 diapers a day, maybe a little more. She's ebf so any poopy dipes go straight into the wash no rinsing necessary. You just do a cold pre-wash before I actually wash the dipes. I change her every 2 hours usually unless I KNOW that she's pooed, then I don't let her sit in them. I use a mix of prefolds and pocket diapers, mostly bumgenius and happy heiny's and a few wahm's. I love cloth diapers, we don't have blow-outs and very rarely have leaks. Even overnight I just double stuff one of her bumgenius diapers and she has no problems all night. If you're deciding on cloth good luck! I Really enjoy it and I would recommend it. It's not much more work than sposies and I only do 2 extra loads of laundry a week, plus it saves a ton of money (but can be addicting!)

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers
mommy2rad
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM

DD is now 11mos. We use a mixture of brands but all pockets. My favorite brand is monkey and bug :-) I do the wash. I dump poo in the toilet, dip it in toilet if its messy lol... we have 17 dipes last two days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:41 PM
Thanks for sharing this stuff next baby we are cloth diapering I hope
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lette_with_2
by on Mar. 28, 2011 at 9:47 PM

why do some of you use a different laundry soap for the diapers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)