Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Rub Alcohal on the Babies Gums!!

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
  • 15 Replies

My Mom is so old... She keeps telling me its ok. But I'M not ok with that... Yea.

What did you use for teething babies? My DD is getting her bottom 2 at the same time right now. I got some baby Oragel. But I know it only numbs it for a short period of time.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:30 AM

cold teething rings, wet wash cloths, vibrating teething toys

CafeMom Tickersfeeding baby

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812 Join me in Recklass Compassion!

JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:31 AM
Amber teething necklace
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
asilenna
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:33 AM

@Angela: I have a vibrating one and she loves it. The fozen teething rings make her mad cause her hands get too cold! lol

@JasonsMom: Ohhhh! I want to try one of those sooooo bad.

sunshyne86
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:38 AM
Yeah alcohol is a definate NO lol glad you know that I caught my sons father trying to do it to my daughter... yeah I freaked lol I let my babies gum cucumbers they loved it and the cool solid on their gums helped soothe them, of coarse be careful so they don't bite a piece off and choke... also I used cool rags you can even put em in the freezer for a few mins and they work great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MixedCooke
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM

yeah my Mom used rum!  LOL  I let her chew on my finger for a bit and frozen teethers.  Mine gags at orajel and acetaminophen, so it was au natural for me.  You can also freeze a wet cloth.

Schleetle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:39 AM
I loved hylands teething tablets, but they are not back yet I could cry about it seriously they are a miracle in a bottle for DD. She also has an amber teething necklace, someone here recommended a bit of pure vanilla extract on the gums which helped a little too. I've heard orajel is unsafe so I don't use it.
JasonsMom2007
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:40 AM
Yeah, vanilla extract has alcohol in it!

Quoting Schleetle:

I loved hylands teething tablets, but they are not back yet I could cry about it seriously they are a miracle in a bottle for DD. She also has an amber teething necklace, someone here recommended a bit of pure vanilla extract on the gums which helped a little too. I've heard orajel is unsafe so I don't use it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NurseMami
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:41 AM
DD loved the Hyland's teething tabs. I bought Humphrey's teething pellets when they pulled Hyland's.
She liked her vibrating teethers & a piece of ice in one of those mesh feeders.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM
Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I know that, lol
amzbrznjz
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 AM

our pediatrician says no orajel due to the numbing and the baby swallowing the orajel and numbing her throat causing breathing problems, I used motrin and a fozen washcloth!

Quoting Schleetle:

www.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)