Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need help!! from AnYONE& EVERYONE

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM
  • 8 Replies
im babysitting my nephew today and he is 10 months old (not walking yet) and then ill have my daughter who is 7 months old (not wAlking of course)! i will have him from 1030 until about 330 maybe 4.. the thing is i am going to meet my SO for lunch cause he has 2 work all day and had to work all day yesterday so we havent got to see him! i know i can handle them both out to eat so u i am def gonna go but does anyone have any tips? like before i meet him ill have to put em both in the carseats so how do i manage picking them both up & putting them in? once we get to the restaurant ill have help just need to know about leaving here
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
OliviaW.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:54 AM

Is yours in an infant car seat? I have 2 kids under age 2. What I do is seat one in the car seat & then go put the other in & then go back to the 1st. Taking them out is a but trickery but I take the oldest out. If your nephew is 10 months he should be standing. Just stand him in between the car and no s he can't go anywhere while you get the other out. 

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:49 AM
ok that will work! ill try that!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sydjademom24
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Just do it one at a time. Once they are in the car seats....leave one on the porch (where you can see them of course) , start the car first and turn the air or heat on....depending on where you live....then go back for the other one. Put all your stuff in the car first....diaper bags and purse. Our routine in the morning is that I go out and start the car...put the air or heat on, put the diaper bag in the car....wait 3-4 mins....then my 6 year old goes out and gets in the car with her backpack, then I go onto the porch with the 2 year old and the 3 month old. I lock the door, then go put the 2 year old in her carseat while the 3 month old sits on the porch in her carseat. Then I come back for the 3 month old and then snap her carseat into the base and we are on our way!!! =) 

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
seems easy enough lol! i think i can manage! i guess this is what moms with twins do lol

Quoting sydjademom24:

Just do it one at a time. Once they are in the car seats....leave one on the porch (where you can see them of course) , start the car first and turn the air or heat on....depending on where you live....then go back for the other one. Put all your stuff in the car first....diaper bags and purse. Our routine in the morning is that I go out and start the car...put the air or heat on, put the diaper bag in the car....wait 3-4 mins....then my 6 year old goes out and gets in the car with her backpack, then I go onto the porch with the 2 year old and the 3 month old. I lock the door, then go put the 2 year old in her carseat while the 3 month old sits on the porch in her carseat. Then I come back for the 3 month old and then snap her carseat into the base and we are on our way!!! =) 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
k.oder
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:04 PM

Yeah, my nephew and my daughter are only 3 weeks apart and I have them both on days that SIL and BIL work.  When they were in infant carriers, I took everything to the car first, came back in, got one, put him/her in the car, then went back for the other one......the only place I ever took them together at that age was the sitter's house, so I'm no help with unloading them because I unloaded both kids in the driveway and carried one to the door, then the other........

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:48 PM

I put the infant carrier in first (well when my son was in one) and that put the other day in the their seats and than buckle them one at a time : )

abra
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Bring a snack to the resturant to keep them busy until the food gets there! Have fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Good idea! ill put some puffs in there!

Quoting abra:

Bring a snack to the resturant to keep them busy until the food gets there! Have fun!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)