Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

spit up vs vomit

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
  • 2 Replies
me and my son have been co-sleeping for two weeks now. for the past couple of days i will lay him next to me and he'll start grunting and farting or pooping and it seems kinda painful for him. i hold his legs up against his tummy and shush him til he falls asleep. well this morning he was grunting and trying to poop or fart but nothing was coming out. he had pooped, both diaper changes last night were poopy. but this morning he was struggling but nothing came out. well, when i picked him up he spit up a little. then i fed him for 15-20min. and passed him off to dad so i could take a shower. when i was in the shower he spit up twice i guess. DF said it was a little each time but there were little white chunks in it - same with this morning when i picked him up.

so what i'm wondering is spit up just the milk, without the tiny white chunks? or is that vomit? or is vomit a lot at once? i'm a new mom and i'm just so paranoid. i've been breastfeeding him. but i don't understand why he's struggling so much to fart. and i don't know if he spit up or vomited - he hasn't done this before.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MaNdYbEaR2010
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:02 PM

vomit is generally a lot, or semi digested. sounds like maybe his tummy didn't have the room and he puked up what didn't fit. I wouldn't be overly concerned just yet.

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Sounds more like spit-up! ((hugs))

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)