Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I would like to introduce myself, with a few questions

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
  • 26 Replies

My name is Kaylee, i just recently had my DD, Jillian, who is 6 days old. She is my first child. I am very nervous of doing anything wrong, and will probably be asking alot of questions. So far breast feeding is going good, she is latching on good and eating great. She does like to fall asleep alot during the feeding, if anyone has any helpful hints i would really appriciate them. She is a very quiet baby, which scares my, cause she will sleep for hours past feeding is i would let her, i usually wake her up no later then 4 hours to feed her, should i wake her up or let her sleep? Thank you for reading and any hints porvided.

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
C8Baxter
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:49 PM
I think it's important to wake her up to ensure your milk supply remains strong...but you could pump as well if she seemed extra tired, ya know? She's sooo adorable, btw!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:50 PM
Jillian is so cute! Congratulations!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TRENTONSMOM336
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM

AWWW SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.. MY SON USE TO DO THAT BUT THEY SAY TO WAKE THEM UP TOO FEED THEM IF THEY SLEEP A WHILE BUT SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN SHE IS HUNGRY BABIES SLEEP ALOT WHEN THERE FIRST BORN!! CONGRATULATIONS ADORABLE BLANKET!!

new_mom_2011
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:53 PM

Quoting C8Baxter:

I think it's important to wake her up to ensure your milk supply remains strong...but you could pump as well if she seemed extra tired, ya know? She's sooo adorable, btw!

Thank you, should i pump before or after feeding her?

new_mom_2011
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:54 PM

Quoting abra:

Jillian is so cute! Congratulations!!

thank you very much

19babygirl90
Thats completely normal! My son did the same thing and yes def wake her to feed until she knows herself! And glad to hear breastfeedin is goin so smoothly! Welcome and congrats mom!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
joci2203

You should wake her to keep up your milk supply.  If she falls asleep while feeding and you don't feel she has gotten enough, wake her by burping her, or changing her diaper.  I have also been told to keep her in just a diaper while feeding.

Congrats by the way!!

new_mom_2011
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:56 PM

Quoting TRENTONSMOM336:

AWWW SHE IS BEAUTIFUL.. MY SON USE TO DO THAT BUT THEY SAY TO WAKE THEM UP TOO FEED THEM IF THEY SLEEP A WHILE BUT SHE WILL LET YOU KNOW WHEN SHE IS HUNGRY BABIES SLEEP ALOT WHEN THERE FIRST BORN!! CONGRATULATIONS ADORABLE BLANKET!!

is it normal to feed her more frequently during the day, starting yesterday she seems to eat every 1-2 hours but she wont eat as long. and it was really hard getting her to sleep

new_mom_2011
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Quoting 19babygirl90:

Thats completely normal! My son did the same thing and yes def wake her to feed until she knows herself! And glad to hear breastfeedin is goin so smoothly! Welcome and congrats mom!

Thank you very much. It makes me feel better some other people have gone through this, makes my worry alot less!

C8Baxter
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 12:58 PM
I'd pump after if you are doing it at the same time. Baby is a much better pump :). Baby may empty one side and you could pump the other. But if you didn't want to wake her one time, you may want to just pump to keep up your milk supply. Especially in the first few weeks!

Quoting new_mom_2011:

Quoting C8Baxter:

Thank you, should i pump before or after feeding her?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)