Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wantin to do all natural labor! Tips??

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM
  • 35 Replies
Im 36wks with my 2nd son and Im wantin to do an all natural labor! Have any of you ladies done an all natural? Do you have any tips on gettin through the end?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
expectantmom81
by Erin on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM

I personally wasn't able to. I do have friends that did though. I think the biggest thing is to focus on something and have someone that is really supportive. One of my friends just recently had a baby and I am not sure if he stuck with it but her plan was to try to go all natural but kept in mind that it was ok if she couldn't. I wish you the best of luck with it =]

MarShy740
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:35 PM
I have and I concentrated on my breathing and didn't let anyone talk during contractions LOL I used the railings on the bed to hold on too.

I chewed ice and that's about it GOOD LUCK
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
citymomch
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:37 PM

Try the bradely method. It worked wonderfully for us.

deccaf
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:41 PM

I did, but mine was so fast (lightening labor) that I can't offer any tips to get through.  Make sure your partner in the room and your doctor are aware of what you want.  If you decide you do want meds in the middle, have a word that you can say and your partner in the room knows you really want the meds, it's not just the pain talking.

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:45 PM
Some things that helped me was squeezing a rolled up face cloth (you could prob use a stress ball etc.) I focused on my breathing and wanted to be left alone most of time. The tub was a life saver!!! My midwife was great and very encouraging. Having a great support team makes huge difference. You just have to keep in your mind that it will end, it wellll be worth it in the end :)
p.s. I think laboring naturally helps with the pushing because you feel everything and have that motivation to push. I only pushed 2-3 times!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommabug10
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:46 PM

I wanted a natural labor too, but unfortunately gave in to the dumb nurses and got the epi. My biggest suggestion is prepare yourself mentally. I thought I was prepared, but I wasn't. Make sure that whoever is going to be there with you knows what you want and let them know how they can help you, like to remind you to breathe and focus, etc. Next time I will be taking a hypnobirthing class to be more prepared and so DH is better able to help me. Good luck!

doulala
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:49 PM

Although it is late in the pregnancy to start to prepare, it is still VERY possible!

Who is attending your birth?
What is the setting?
What have you been doing to prepare?

abra
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:50 PM
same here. Just long, deep, controlled breaths. Dim lights and no noise.

Quoting citymomch:

Try the bradely method. It worked wonderfully for us.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mena929
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:53 PM

My second child came  out so fast I didn't have time to get any pain meds. Seriously. I started having contractions around 6 am. Walked around at home, got my SO to take my 1st born to the sitters, sat in the bath for a little while. Got on the road to go to the hospital about 10 am, got to the hospital at 10:30 and had my baby girl at 10:55. I was also already 8 cm dilated when I got to the hospital.

mrspreggers14
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 1:55 PM

ive done one all natural and I say just prepare yourself mentaly for it!  find some relaxing music to listen to and practice your breathing! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)