Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of more than 1 Little one

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM
  • 21 Replies

IDK how you do it!

I watched my 2 little cousins today (one is 5 and one is 2) in addition to my LO (9 months)... OMG how crazy!

I had to take them to the library to pick up my SD (13 yrs).. they were good there but CRAZY at home.

How do you manage more than one kid? When one needs your focus what do you do with the others?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
feralkitten
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:07 PM

you lean to split your focus lol also when it comes to home work and stuff dh looks after the little ones i have a 9 year old a 7 year old a 2 year old and a 6 month old the 2 year old is a hand full its a stage .

you also learn very fast what keep one kid havvy for a bit and what keeps they other lol thern you just pull it out and say here you toy you like her the tv show you like ect lol and lots of coffee

Dolphins54559
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:04 PM

Any kind of caffeine! My kids are 1, 2, and 3. I am also a full time student. I am home with them all the time this semester. I decided to take my classes online for now, I don't know how I do it honestly. I guess I just got used to it and the fact that my son tends to cling to me makes it a little easier, he follows me step for step so I always know where he is, and he usually just finds something to do near me, whether it be hitting all the buttons on the tv or playing with his toys...it's my girls I have trouble keeping up with..they have so much energy..lol

Quoting feralkitten:

you lean to split your focus lol also when it comes to home work and stuff dh looks after the little ones i have a 9 year old a 7 year old a 2 year old and a 6 month old the 2 year old is a hand full its a stage .

you also learn very fast what keep one kid havvy for a bit and what keeps they other lol thern you just pull it out and say here you toy you like her the tv show you like ect lol and lots of coffee

baby

baby

baby growth

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:06 PM

You learn slowly to do it. Usually I deal with the loudest one first, which would be my youngest because she wants to nurse so I get her nursing then go make my middle chocolate milk or help her do whatever she needs at the time. It is definately crazy and I'm always ready for bed at the end of the day!

OliviaW.
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:08 PM

You learn how to deal. It's crazy when they are really little but when they're bigger it gets better (I hope both of mine are under 2)

KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:11 PM
Honestly, allll I can say is that somehow it all gets done! LoL my kids are 13.5m, 4(inMay),5 and 6! There are many times I babysit my sisters children who are the same ages as my kids and its not so bad :) I also grew up in a big family (9 kids) so I'm used to the chaos. I also learned patience from my mother!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:54 PM

My boys are 6 1/2 years older than DD so luckily they are not nearly as demanding. When my boys were younger I always pretty much did everything with both of them together I didn't really have to separate time with them being twins their needs were almost always the same.

MommyAKA
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:04 PM

I'm so glad you posted this. I have a baby who will be one tomorrow April 14, 2011 ( Kylie Rae ). I'm going to TTC again in august so I can give her a sibling close to her age. My other two are in college ,and they were 21/2yrs. apart. I was in my twenties , so it was different. I've been so nervous , but I know I can do it again LOL.....

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:09 PM

I will learn next month. ;)

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM

It just falls into place : )

kngarber
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM
Once you do it everyday it is just second nature.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)