Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need some quick advice ... (OT)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM
  • 7 Replies

This past Thursday a childhood classmate was killed in a hit and run. Some 18 yr old kid was in a stolen suv and ran the red light and slammed into my friend. I had not spoke to this classmate since 1993 but he was always kind to me and even tho we didn't hang out in the same group of friends, my heart breaks for his wife. (She rolled onto the scene just 5 minutes after impact.) I have never met his wife nor either of their 2 children. But being a mother of 3 I can empathize with what she must be going thru. So I decided to get her a sympathy card.

What I need advice on is ... is the card enough or should I put a lil bit of money inside. I was thinking about putting $10 or so in there. I know it's not alot but it's the most I can afford at the moment. Or is that tacky? Should I hold off and send the card when I can afford to send a lil more? 

Mom to 3 boys, married for 17+ yrs ...... Live, Laugh & Lots n Lots of Aloha!!!
mommyhonu :0)

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:31 PM
I would just send the card. Write something nice about the classmate and leave it at that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Liamjamesmom
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:32 PM
I agree

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

I would just send the card. Write something nice about the classmate and leave it at that.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:33 PM

Same.

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

mom2b116
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 5:34 PM

this

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:34 PM

I agree with the other ladies.I wouldn't send any money...but maybe you can check and see if a memorial fund has been set up in his name and donate to that.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 13, 2011 at 6:42 PM

I am looking into that ... he has 2 small boys. Mahalo ladies!

Quoting MrsApple:

I agree with the other ladies.I wouldn't send any money...but maybe you can check and see if a memorial fund has been set up in his name and donate to that.

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:11 PM

Quoting ArmyWifeAshlie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)