Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how soon?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM
  • 3 Replies
how soon after you had your baby did you start exercising? i know i should wait til after my 6 week postpartum appointment, but i feel like i could start some light exercise now. i've always been a really active person and it's been hard because two weeks before i had my son i was on bedrest and now i have him and am told to rest and take it easy. i feel like i am taking it real easy - i'm breastfeeding so i sit and nurse my son for an hour every 2-3 hours and since he'll never let me put him down i'm always holding him on the couch, unless i'm lucky enough to have him fall asleep in his swing. i would love to exercise!

and how did you ladies lose your baby belly? i still have a little pouch and i don't think sit ups will do anything for it. do any of you ladies run? and did it help?
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Apr. 13, 2011 at 7:46 PM

I rested for the 6 weeks and then slowly started with walking and then worked my way up. Did you talk to your Dr about it? I would double check with them 1st especially if you had a csection or anything like that.

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:01 PM

I started back by walking (the neighbor and park trails) by 1 week.By 4 wks I was back to jogging,and by 6 wks I was back to pretty much my old work out routine.

Maybe a good stroll would do you good?Put baby in the stroller or sling/carrier/wrap,and enjoy the spring weather,assuming you have it!

Schleetle
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 8:02 PM

I waited about a month before I started up some light exercise again. Keep breastfeeding it will really help with the tummy, and burn calories too. If you can put your baby in a wrap (or sling), and go for walks that is a nice way to start getting active.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)