Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

a little to clingy (repost)

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM
  • 9 Replies

my daughter is 11 months old. i am a stay at home mom and i dont really do anything without her because of my fiances job. he is on call so i cant ever leave her with him because i dont know when he will get called out. well here recently my daughter hasnt been wanting to go to sleep. she is very tired. she rubs her eyes, sucks her thumb, and plays with her hair and thats how i know shes tired. but when i lay her down she screams almost as if she doesnt want to leave my side. a few days ago i left while she was napping and i wasnt home when she woke up and ever since then she has been connected to me at the hip so thats why im thinking shes afraid im going to leave her. i dont know what to do or how to handle this. i let her play and stay up but she cant get in the habit of this. someone please help me!

by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
dhiannian
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:54 PM

BUMP!

athenaheim
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 9:56 PM
I'm sry hun bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elliesmommy404
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:05 PM

I may be able to help a little. My husband is a truck driver he would be gone and is gone 7 days then home 3. Our daughter who is now 2, had some issues because she didn't know when daddy would be home or not. She didn't have so many attachment issues with me, it just isn't her personality. You're totally right that she can't stay in this habit. My daughter would get on a good schedule then when daddy was home get off it because she REFUSED to go to sleep until 1am some nights just to be with daddy, she still does it sometimes. Have you tried cosleeping. Also explain to her that mommy will be there when she wakes up. Perhasp the best thing is to take her to her room and start the bedtime routine before you start seeing the sleepy signs. If you wait for the sleepy signs you run the risk of her being too tired. It's worth a shot. Otherwise I remember 9-12months were pretty rough with sleeping for my daughter. I tried the CIO method and it backfired when she cried so much she threw up...I would NOT do the CIO method. I'm sure this too shall pass though. Oh, you can also lay her down in your bed, let her fall asleep then carefully take her to her crib. I used to do that with DD. I did let her cry some in the middle of the night at that age. She would wake up crying and I would go to the restroom, drink some water, and if she was still crying after that I went to her, most of the time she wasn't really awake and would go right back to sleep. Hope some of this has helped you.

abra
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:16 PM
poor baby. How often do you all go out and hang out with friends (like on a play date?).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM

I'm sorry. :(

la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:33 PM

I"m sorry : (

mommy2xp
by on Apr. 13, 2011 at 11:40 PM

My dd is the same way, she's 17 months. I just hold her til she's asleep then lay her down, and we cosleep at night.

MixedCooke
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 2:24 AM

heck mine doesnt even like me to put her down to change her!  Yep, she got spoiled!  She even sleeps better when I am home and throws a fit when I leave for work.  Eh, for me I have a 3 yr old who is all about her Daddy and it is "Mommy who" as soon as he walks in the door, so i will take all the love and attention i can get because I know in a few years--MOMMY WHO!  :*(

devoted616
by on Apr. 14, 2011 at 11:52 AM

i hardly leave her. her daddy is away a lot working. but i am always home with her. i take her around people as much as i can. i do not want her to get into the habit of sleeping with me. thats why its a struggle because i will not resort to that. she is so attached to me.. as soon as i get to her door way she starts crying cause she knows im about to lay her down.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)