Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sids...

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:46 AM
  • 33 Replies
How do u not obsessively worry about it when baby goes to sleep.? A post about a mom who's DD passed yesterday has me worried and unable to sleep
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:50 AM
Prayer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:52 AM
Also making sure i am doing all i can to prevent it from happening.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:52 AM
a friend of mine heard somewhere that kids can suddenly die in their sleep up til age 6. not sids cuz they arent infants, but same difference. makes me worry some and mines almost 3. If it could last til 6 hes sleeping w me til then. Ive already had him randomly stop breathing on me once and I dont want it to happen again. If hes next to me I can give him cpr faster. and the fan stays on and he keeps the plug.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:54 AM
i know that doesnt help much but just so u know ur not alone in being worried. i just dont stay up all night worrying. I pray for peace and leave him in Gods hands. But it doesnt stop me from checking to make sure hes breathing everytime I wake up.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MumsTheWord571
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:00 AM

I still check on him at night... regularly. and he's 2 1/2! LOL. I also did every thing in my power to lower the risk of SIDS (like BF, back to sleep, no blankets/toys....etc etc).

bahamamama26
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:03 AM

For some reason when they are first born it's the worst for me but as time goes by it gets better. I think it's bc in the hospital they have to sleep in that bassinet thing but when they come home they are in bed with me amd that gives me a feeling of security.  I am always right beside them and if I sense something isn't right I think I will know.  I'm probably crazy for saying that but I feel that the closeness of co-sleeping makes me feel more in control of something that is so unpredictable...

afwifeandmommy3
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:11 AM
Thanks everyone. Just reading that womans post freaked me out
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jenn8604
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:14 AM
oh it does. i feel more in control when he sleeps w me. i am convinced had he not been sleeping w me the night he stopped breathing i wouldnt have noticed. oh and btw his apnea test come back good. no one knows why he stopped breathing.

Quoting bahamamama26:

For some reason when they are first born it's the worst for me but as time goes by it gets better. I think it's bc in the hospital they have to sleep in that bassinet thing but when they come home they are in bed with me amd that gives me a feeling of security.  I am always right beside them and if I sense something isn't right I think I will know.  I'm probably crazy for saying that but I feel that the closeness of co-sleeping makes me feel more in control of something that is so unpredictable...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NoraDun
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:38 AM

I never really worried with my first.....I worried a ton with my second...he was born a little earlier and a lot smaller so I think I viewed him as more delicate....and with my second Hubby worried for me LOL I think the older I become and the more educated I make myself about issues involving children and pregnancy the more I worry about things of this nature. I pray...I take precautions and I pray....ALOT!!!

NoraDun
by Silver Member on Apr. 23, 2011 at 5:41 AM

Its actually proven in studies....a baby breaths more steadily when close to mom b/c he can hear her breathing and heartbeat. Also naturally we tune in to our chidlren so if they stop breathing we wake up! I co-slept with my second...I don't know why...I didn't with my first or third....I think the Lord prevented something terrible from happening by showing me that I needed to allow him to co-sleep! I co-slept with him until he was about 15 mns. Then he went straight into a twin size bed with no problem!!

Quoting Jenn8604:

oh it does. i feel more in control when he sleeps w me. i am convinced had he not been sleeping w me the night he stopped breathing i wouldnt have noticed. oh and btw his apnea test come back good. no one knows why he stopped breathing.

Quoting bahamamama26:

I am a 24 yr old Mommy to two boys Xavier O'Neal Age5 Malachi O'Mari Age 2 and one baby girl Laylah-Marie Elizabeth ! I have been married to my wonderful Husband, Quentin, for 6 yrs and our children are our life! We are quiverfull, and Lord willing, look forward to many more children in our future!!                                    

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)