Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My baby boy is sick

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM
  • 5 Replies

So I absolutely hate having a sick child and now I have one for the holiday weekend!  I am just starting to get over a nasty upper respiratory infection that I ended up going the the doctor for antibiotics for, and now my little man and hunny have it.  I tried to steer clear of them for the most part but of course I had to do some of the taking care of him!  I don't really think the antibiotics did me any justice either it seems to be something viral that has to run its course.  I'm now debating on whether or not I should take him into an Urgent care to be checked out or not cause I'm not sure if they would even give him anything.  He has a cough and drainage coming from his eyes and nose but so far no fever or anything though I have been giving him infants tylenol lately.  Any insight from you other mom's and your experiences, do you think I should get him checked out or wait until I can get into our doctor on Monday since he has no fever?

Photobucket
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
grapejelly
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:04 AM

how old is he?

mommyziegler
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:06 AM

i would just wait it out..unless he gets a fever  but it sounds a like a cold...and benadryl works wonders for the drainage i've been told

tgh46737
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:12 AM

He is 3 months old, so I'm leary about giving him anything cause everything says under 2 ask a physician!

TandKmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:42 AM
Ya I wouldn't give him anything except Tylenol! I'm even Leary about giving my 4 yr old stuff because a lot says not under 6

Quoting tgh46737:

He is 3 months old, so I'm leary about giving him anything cause everything says under 2 ask a physician!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:06 AM

I hope he feels better soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)