Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How Old

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM
  • 27 Replies

Was your little one when you took them out for the first time. 
Besides the doctor.
I mean family events or the mall.  

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:38 AM
Umm I didn't wait to take any of them out. So days old I guess lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mysoldier5
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:40 AM

I took my kids out anytime after they were born as long as it wasn't cold out or anything. 

RaLeighsMommy11
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:44 AM
3 weeks- month old! not sure! im not risking my baby getting sick because i wanted to go somewhere! if ppl wanted 2 visit they cld come over. babies can get germs and become sick real easily!!! the hospital advises u not to take them out for a few weeks to get them use to things, which i know im prob only one who did that lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CatalinaAndrea
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:51 AM

I'm in the same boat as you. 
I took her to the doctor and that's it.
But my daughters dad popped back up and wants to take her to his house.
Not a fan of his idea.
Her doctor said no big crowds or anything of that sort.  

Quoting RaLeighsMommy11:

3 weeks- month old! not sure! im not risking my baby getting sick because i wanted to go somewhere! if ppl wanted 2 visit they cld come over. babies can get germs and become sick real easily!!! the hospital advises u not to take them out for a few weeks to get them use to things, which i know im prob only one who did that lol

ProudMommy51006
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:58 AM
I didn't wait and my daughter is 5 next month and has never been on antibiotics that's right, never. She has a wonderful immune system due to being exposed to "everyday germs" :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:01 PM
Well to the doctor at 2 weeks old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kapfeifer
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:04 PM
With my first we went out before we even got home from the hospital. With me second the day after we got home we went to my aunt's surprise bday party.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 12:09 PM

I can't remember. Less than a week.

justanotherjen
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Mine, too.

All 5 of mine left the hospital and went right to a store or out to eat with the family.  They were passed around to anyone that wanted to hold them from the moment they were born.

My oldest is going on 11.  She's had 1 ear infection in her entire life (at 9 from swimming).  That's about the only illness she has had other than the occasional cold.

My son is 9 1/2.  He had the flu when he was 8.  That's the only illness he's had besides colds and we treated it at home (just rest and cough syrup to control his coughing so he could sleep).

My middle daughter is 8 1/2 and has never seen a doctor for anything other than well visits (shots/school physicals).

Same with my 5yo and 9 month old.

Exposure to germs is how you build a healthy immune system and a newborn baby has a lot of mom's immunities still, even more if you continue to breastfeed (all 5 of mine are 100% formula fed).

Quoting ProudMommy51006:

I didn't wait and my daughter is 5 next month and has never been on antibiotics that's right, never. She has a wonderful immune system due to being exposed to "everyday germs" :-)

~Jen~

mom of Meagan (10), Owen (9), Brenna (8), Nora (5) and Jack Logan (born 7.14.10)

[big families have more fun]

babygomez
by April on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:33 PM

She was 6 days old.

Join us in First Time Moms!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)