Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How long does/did your breastfed newborn sleep at night?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM
  • 10 Replies
My DS is 1 week 1 day old. He is EBF except 1 oz of formula per day to mix his medicine in.
Since we got home on Sunday night, he has had the same sleep schedule!
Asleep by 12-1am, awake by 5-6am to eat, back to sleep in an hour and wakes back up by 10 or so.

Don't get me wrong lol, I am not complaining! But my first son was formula fed, and he ate every 3 hours like clockwork!
I expected ds2 to wake more often since he's EBF....He eats plenty during the day or I'd wake him up more often.

Am I just lucky, or is this normal?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:49 PM

BUMP!

HaileyInezMom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 1:53 PM

lucky My DD who is about to be 1 in 5 days still wakes up 2-4 times a night to BF I wish she would sleep that long

aydens_mom620
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:02 PM

ava is 2 wks old and goes to bed about 9, up to eat about 330 (up for about a hr with a dipe change, nursing) up about 5 (up another hour) then sleeps til about 9-10

Jersey_86
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 2:07 PM

my daugter  is ebf she is 3 and a half months now but the first month she would wake up every 2 hours to eat and now she wakes up once a night to eat sometimes two depending on what time she went down that night.

littlemama810
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I co-sleep with my DD. She usually falls asleep around 10pm in her bouncer. I stay up and wait for DH to get home, which is around 2:30 am. When I move her from her bouncer to the bed she wakes up, so I nurse her then. She then stays asleep until 10am usually.

ETA: DD is 4 months old.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
lauratupper
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:41 PM

my ds was feed breast milk with a bottle, he was born with a cleft palate and couldn't nurse. but his own schedule was like that too when he was a newborn.

vibrantmommy
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 3:46 PM

My daughter is 1 month, is BF, with 1 bottle at night.. still wakes up every 2 to 2 1/2 hours..  im wondering when she will start sleeping longer or if I need to give her more formula..

Stardar
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:00 PM
U don't need to give her formula.. Every baby is dif. My mom said I didn't sleep all night till I was three. :)

Quoting vibrantmommy:

My daughter is 1 month, is BF, with 1 bottle at night.. still wakes up every 2 to 2 1/2 hours..  im wondering when she will start sleeping longer or if I need to give her more formula..

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stardar
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Co sleeping is the best!! My LO goes to bed at 12 and we wake up at nine am.. He's 2 months btw... When he was first born I never thought he would sleep so good so soon

Quoting littlemama810:

I co-sleep with my DD. She usually falls asleep around 10pm in her bouncer. I stay up and wait for DH to get home, which is around 2:30 am. When I move her from her bouncer to the bed she wakes up, so I nurse her then. She then stays asleep until 10am usually.

ETA: DD is 4 months old.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 4:03 PM
my 2 week old gets up every 3-4 hours at night to eat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)