Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Cloth Diapers?

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

I need any and all information anyone can give me on Cloth diapers. Where you buy them how much you sped on average. What kinds there are how to use them etc....

I am 14 weeks pregnant and we are considering doing cloth diapers this time but I know if that is something we are gonna do I should probably start stocking up on what we are gonna need little by little or at least figure out if we can afford to do that.

What ever info anyone has would be really great! Thanks!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
mommy2xp
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 9:02 PM
I didn't do it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyndallsmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:14 PM

There are a couple of groups here, Cloth diapering Mommas and Cuties with Cloth booties. They have tons of info available.

I used one size pocket diapers. I chose the one size because I didn't want to have to keep buying dipes as baby grew. Like sposies, what is the point in that?

I also had some pre folds and a cover and some fitteds. The pockets were my go to because they were waterproof and didn't need a cover.

I would suggest getting a few of each different kind so you can see what you like best. IMO pre folds and covers work best for the newborns. Once they start rolling and being more active, they are harder to change so pockets are quick and easy too.

Congrats on your new impending arrival!!!

Kim

in lovebreastfeedinggirl on a swing

Kim & Alan              Mia                     Lyndall

8/2/03                10/1/2008             3/20/05

grapejelly
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:21 PM

I second visiting the group Cuties with Cloth Booties (tons of info there!)

I like One Sized (OS) pockets.  you stuff a shell of a diaper with an absorbent insert.  when my LO was first born we used A LOT of prefolds and covers (those are most economical for newborns since you go through so many diapers a day).  

um..i got 3 packs of infant prefolds (i think they were 12 or 13 dollars each - each pack has 6 in it) and 5 covers at 12 or 13 each... and a handful of pockets to start, that served us well for a while.

I bought those at a local cloth diaper store... I've since bought a lot of WAHM stuff off of Hyena cart... and some off of Abby's Lane (she's really nice!!)

i'd get a couple wet bags too for storage of the dirty diapers... and dryer balls (since you can't use dryer sheets or fabric softener)

Ohio.SAHMof2
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:23 PM

I never cloth diapered so I have no idea. I would LOVE to do it but DH said heck no

jridgill
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:25 PM
I would suggest joining a cloth diaper group on cafemom! You will gets tons of info. Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rHOPEb
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:26 PM

There's a group on here called Cuties with Cloth Booties and they have TONS of info.  Most like the homemade ones from WAHM.  They even have an entire forum for selling or swaping diapers!!!  Its awesome.  I'm also looking into doing it with our next one.  So much cheaper.  You may spend $15-20 on one diaper but it will last from infant thru potty training if you get certain types.  Also they are WAY cutier!!!!  You will need about 20-30 diapers depending on how often you want to wash.  And you may want to look at hyenacart.com (pretty nifty).  Good luck and have some fun with it!!!  God bless......

Honeybun09
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM

Agree!

Quoting jridgill:

I would suggest joining a cloth diaper group on cafemom! You will gets tons of info. Good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)