Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any of you mamas have the pregnancy rash? *added pic in replies*

Posted by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM
  • 28 Replies

I am getting it now and I am just wondering if anyone has any helpful tips on what to use for relief. I will call the doc on Monday but I need something to get me throught he weekend.

expecting babypregnant belly Wife to the best husband ever (9-23-03), Mother to a wonderful son (7-7-08), and expecting baby #2. mod

by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
janeleesmom
by on Apr. 23, 2011 at 11:23 PM

My cousin had one really bad! Her baby turned out to be a boy. Idk what she used for it.

Dolphins54559
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:55 AM

I got a rash at the beginning of my pregnancy with my son and they just told me cortizone cream which seemed to relieve it.

abra
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:58 AM
I got it with my son. It was awful!! What I did took care of it, but I used herbs so they haven't been evaluated for saftey during pregnancy, but my baby was healthy so...it is up to you. I took dandelion root capsules from the health food store (it's a liver detoxer). I took 3 pills a day. I also washed with pine tar soap (again, health food store) and used topical benedryl anti-itch cream. I got mine in the 2nd trimester. It took about a month for it to clear up completely, but then it was all gone as long as I kept up with the dandelion root.

I hope you feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Starleet

lol I actually put diaper rash cream on mine.

Honeybun09

Nope!

happymom1988
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 12:59 AM
What type of rash ??? !!! .... I got cholestasis at 32 weeks and they had to induced me when i was 35.5 weeks ... The itchness was so bad that no lotion/cream worked and it was intolerable . : ( im terrify to have it in this pregnancy again : ( only time will tell : ( im 20 weeks pregnant right now so i have to wait until my 3rd trimester ......... I hope not ..... U should call l&D at ur hospital , they will help u and get ur doctor to give u an app on monday asap , that itchinness can be cholestasis and is very very dangerous : (
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Usually Prengnacy rash is PUPPPS
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom1988
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:00 AM
Was it cholestasis ? : (

Quoting abra:

I got it with my son. It was awful!! What I did took care of it, but I used herbs so they haven't been evaluated for saftey during pregnancy, but my baby was healthy so...it is up to you. I took dandelion root capsules from the health food store (it's a liver detoxer). I took 3 pills a day. I also washed with pine tar soap (again, health food store) and used topical benedryl anti-itch cream. I got mine in the 2nd trimester. It took about a month for it to clear up completely, but then it was all gone as long as I kept up with the dandelion root.

I hope you feel better soon!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:01 AM

nope BUMP!

mandyjh
by on Apr. 24, 2011 at 1:59 AM
I got it bad! With both pregnancies! Worse with my daughter. My Dr. had to give me a prescription cream, until you can get in to see your Dr. I would try a cortizone cream, good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)