Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

is there a safe way for baby to sleep

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM
  • 22 Replies
other than back? My tiny is 6 weeks and whenever he lays down he spits up and fusses from the gas. I usually let him nap in the swing during the day but I'm wondering what I can do at night.... Right now he sleeps in my bed so I can catch the spit up (he sometimes chokes on it). I'm going to ask dr at his next appt.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:52 PM

The back is the safest position. I would be scared to try other positions but I guess if I had to choose another position, I would choose the side.

afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:54 PM
I had my little one who was like that sleep on his side
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
adri_nevarez

2 of my children had severe reflux.  They would choke several times a day when they were newborns.  My dr. advised us to lay them on their sides and use a positioner to make sure they would not roll over. 

Honeybun09

Oh you could also put baby next to your bed in a bouncer or something so he is sleeping upright.

afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:57 PM
My little one sleeps now in a fisherprice rock and play. Its super light and easy to move. It has an incline so its perfect. It was 50$ at target
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jewels11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:57 PM

My DS (now 7 months) spits up every day all the time I caught him doing it while sleeping on his back. I was able to turn him over so he wouldn't choke. He sleeps on his stomach now so its not a issue anymore. However the best sleeping position is their back. Try elevating his crib or bassinet so its in a semi reclined position. When DS had this problem we kept him strapped into his bouncer by our bed. For naps and night time sleeping.

Barronbaby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM
I may try that tonight.

Quoting Honeybun09:

Oh you could also put baby next to your bed in a bouncer or something so he is sleeping upright.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacemedic
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM
My 6 week old has figured out how to get on her side. But we had to switch to a different formula for my supplement and I had to give up dairy for the breastmilk. Doing that has made a huge difference! She hardly spits up anymore and her gas bubbles aren't as bad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
peacemedic
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:00 PM
Oh and our dr also recommended mylecon. It's over the counter and we give it after every feeding to help with the gas too!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Barronbaby
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:01 PM
thanks everyone... The choking freaks me out. My older 2 were happy spitters... He is too just he chokes on it alot. And grunts when he is gassy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)