• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did you have baby via induction?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM
  • 18 Replies

by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
adri_nevarez
by on May. 21, 2011 at 12:59 PM

I had FIVE inductions... with four pregnancies!  The first was a nightmare, but I was only 36 weeks and my ob was going on Vacation.  I was ignorant when it came to child birth at the time and agreed.  The first time failed, and he set me up for an induction with his partner at 39 weeks, 4 days - that was great.  All of the others were wonderful!

AllForEvie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:25 PM

Yes. I was 37 and due to my age and the fact that my doctor was going on vacation, they induced me the day after my due date. Everything went fine, but I'd like to go into labor naturally this time if possible, mostly because it's annoying to have to be hooked up to an IV the whole time for the pitocin.

shellie830
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:29 PM
I was late with both babies and was induced both times they were great experiences and quick too :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SassyMom25
by on May. 21, 2011 at 1:31 PM

Yes. Both of my pregnancies I had inductions with. DD5 was 40wks 1 day and YDD was 41wks 1 day when they induced. Had no issues with it except it took forever. My first kinda sucked cause I had a regular doctor and they wouldn't let me eat till after I had her. Went 12+ hours without food. YDD I did get to eat so it wasn't bad at all. I honestly don't think I would have went into labor on my own as I never really experienced contractions until well into my inductions.

megandwade
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:36 PM

I had an Induction that didn't go so well and turned into an emergency c-section.

mrssmitley1210
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM

All my kids have been/ will be induction births. Usually between 38 and 39 weeks I start spilling protein indicating the start of pre e so I get induced before it can get severe.

angela.bouchard
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:40 PM

kind of! they never really tried pitocin and i had a csection because he was safer out than in!

Mommys1Princess
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM
yea i was suposed to be induced on a saturday but i was lucky and my water broke on that thursday but i was in labor for 42 hours. it was a long almost 2 days
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DeziiRee
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:02 PM
Same thing

Quoting megandwade:

I had an Induction that didn't go so well and turned into an emergency c-section.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KaRaBaSsEtT
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:13 PM
My 3rd and 4th were inductions. 1st and 2nd were spontanious
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)