Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need suggestions! (meal related)

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM
  • 5 Replies
DS is 20 months. He's so picky. It's not for lack of trying, he just stopped eating stuff that was halfway good for him when he turned 1.

Every meal is a fight. He won't eat anything remotely healthy. I'm exhausted from it and frustrated because I feel like I'm a failure.

He will eat: nutragrain bars, cereal, pancakes (sometime), pb sandwiches, chicken nuggets (sometime), turkey (rarely) and frozen fruit, and yogurt/apple sauce. That's it. The whole extent of it.

I am so sick of the fight and he cries when he even sees a vegetable. He won't try them, at all. What else should I do?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Schleetle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:56 PM
my daughter loves foods with a lot of flavor, like spices. She espcially loves Indian food. Chickpea curry, or garam masala spiced sauce with rice. She loves homemade salsa with cilantro, and blue corn chips. Black beans and quinoa. Hummus, and pita too. Try different flavors, and expirement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:58 PM
I make home made chicken nuggets I pure veggies and use it to make the outside
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
afwifeandmommy3
by on May. 21, 2011 at 3:59 PM
There's actually a book out that teaches you how to hide veggies in anything
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sarahquinn
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:00 PM

find stuff thats healthy but hidden, like have him help u make a friut salad or another meal n make a game out of it. take the formality out of meals and snack on healthy foods with him. also try making super healthy but tastey smothies w/ tofu for protein n the other friuts will mask the tofu taste.

ArmyWifeAshlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:50 PM
Great suggestions! Thanks!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)