Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Baby wraps or slings

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM
  • 5 Replies
I have a moby and I really like it but I live in Texas and it is getting way to hot to use it. Any ideas of anything else I can use to carry her? Oh and I am very big chested and backpacks hurt my back. So I am really looking for a more breathable type of wrap.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Schleetle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:10 PM
i loved my karmababy pocket sling, and DD did also until one year old. I have an ego now which she has been great in. They have a sport version that is supposed to be a lighter version for Summer babywearing. Babysteals has them half off occasionally so Id check there, and also on their resale board a lot of ppl sell items that were featured new after buying for whatever reason.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Schleetle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:11 PM
Btw im small, but have a larger chest for my frame those have both worked great for me. A sling without stretch which was from 7slings wasn't as comfortable, but worked okay as a backup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angela.bouchard
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:11 PM

BUMP!

Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM

BUMP!

jus1jess
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:56 PM

I love the Moby too. I think the only things like it (I could be wrong though) are the Sleepy Wrap and Baby Ktahn (IDK if I spelled that right). I also LOVE the ERGO. It's not quite the same style as a wrap but it's very comfortable and breathable. I have back problems and this is the ONLY carrier I can comfortably wear my 3.5 year old in. The price is scary compared to a Moby but it's totally worth it.

Jess~ 21, became a mom out of wedlock at 17, atheist, liberal, bisexual, pro gay marriage, pro choice, recycling, animal loving, drug/alcohol free, healthy cooking, exclusive natural feeding on demand, public coverless nursing, child led weaning, tandem nursing, patient/slow solid introducing, co sleeping, babywearing, kid carrying, cloth diapering, positive early potty teaching, anti cry it out, non spanking, over 20lbs & still rear facing, non vaxing, non baby piercing, intactivist, home water birthing, attachment parenting, stay at home mom to a happy, healthy, smart, sweet girl and a brand new baby boy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)