Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moby Wrap

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM
  • 12 Replies

Okay, I found out that the carrier that I have been using for my son is unsafe. So I have been doing some research and I picked out a Moby Wrap. Not for any special reason - it was the only one that the store carries. 

I know that there are other mothers here that use them. What do you think about them and do you have any tips for a first timer?

by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
angela.bouchard
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:09 PM

i LOVE them. my only tip is read the pamphlet and watch some videos on how to put it on :) its much more comfy when the straps are spread out insteaad of bunched together too.

OliviaW.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:08 PM

I've been wearing him for a bit but I notuced that he doesn't like having his arms confined. 

kamrynlily07
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:09 PM
They are awesome!! Look up you tube videos of ways to tie it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
krim
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

i was just gonna say to check you tube there are tones of vidoes on there

Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:18 PM

I haven't used mine yet but can't wait to use it. My son isn't big enough to fit it yet.

OliviaW.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:01 PM

I checked on YouTube and found a couple videos that will work, his legs and arms aren't covered. He's 7 months & hates being swaddled; always has.

We're going to the zoo tomorrow and I plan on wearing him.

OliviaW.
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:04 PM

Use the Moby at the zoo today. It was great! My shoulders and back didn't hurt at all. He even fell asleep in it! The only bad thing was that as soon as he feel asleep it was like he went to dead weight but that's okay. I knew that he had fallen asleep before hubby even said anything. The best thing was that he was able to put his head back (I wore him facing out) and fall asleep without his head slumped forward.

angela.bouchard
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:31 PM

awesome!! i'm glad it worked for you :)

Quoting OliviaW.:

Use the Moby at the zoo today. It was great! My shoulders and back didn't hurt at all. He even fell asleep in it! The only bad thing was that as soon as he feel asleep it was like he went to dead weight but that's okay. I knew that he had fallen asleep before hubby even said anything. The best thing was that he was able to put his head back (I wore him facing out) and fall asleep without his head slumped forward.

CafeMom Tickersfeeding baby

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812 Join me in Recklass Compassion!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/105404/ Join me in Young Moms Completely Uncensored!

la_bella_vita
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:40 PM
Yay! Glad it worked well. I love my moby.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
H.I.S.
by on May. 22, 2011 at 5:41 PM
I've only heard good things, plan to buy one for baby #2 :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)