Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone comoletely skip baby food and go straight to table food?

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:58 PM
  • 9 Replies
My son loved baby food but my older daughter never liked it so she has always eaten table food. Now my younger daughter is old enough to eat baby food (she will be 6 months old tomorrow) she eats it up but it makes her tummy hurt. It doesn't seem like gas but it messes up her normally very regular BMs. But when I feel her table food (so far bread, mashed potatoes and other soft foods) and it hasn't seemed to bother her at all. Is that a normal reaction to baby food? I don't give her rice cereal just straight baby food. I don't mind giving her table food I just don't understand why its upsetting her. Any ideas?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 5:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ASigler86
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:03 PM

Not sure why it's upseting her, but we started with homemade baby foods at 6 months until I researched that there is really no need to puree her food. She eats simple foods, chopped into pea sized bites and loves the independence she gets from feeding herself.

keely3p
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:08 PM
I gave my 2nd dd table food and now my 3rd dd is eatimg table food and she is 7 months today .
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:10 PM
So do you think I should continue trying to give her baby food or just not even worry about it and go with table food?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RaLeighsMommy11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:13 PM
I would just not worry about baby food anymore just go to table foods! my 9 m.o hates babyfood so I went straight to table food.. the only thing she will eat though is soft carrots and green beans! lol she is a picky eater! feeding ur child table food will be totally fine :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:48 PM

She may not be ready to eat at all if it's upsetting her! :( I'd wait a few weeks before trying again.

Raeann11
by Gold Member on May. 21, 2011 at 7:36 PM

We are doing table food this time. With my first I bought baby food for a bit. Then started to make my own. With my second I made it all. This time I am just doing table food.

Randi02
by Platinum Member on May. 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM

We went straight to table food. No cereals or purees, ever.

I wait until they are able to pick it up and feed themselves. Usually between 7-9 months.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/users/photos/000/043/002/canucks_crop_257x257.gif?1260098370

chcon
by on May. 21, 2011 at 8:49 PM

If you make the kinds of table foods she can eat, go for it!  :)  Why bother with the baby food?  Maybe have some on hand for when you go somewhere and not sure what you might feed her but otherwise, table foods!  :)

grapejelly
by on May. 22, 2011 at 7:04 PM

just do table food then :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)