Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do u think of moms who...

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM
  • 54 Replies
go out on occasion with friends and have a drink or two?

my dd is 9 m.o and I haven't been out since she was born but my 21st bday & bachelorette party is coming up and I'm just gonna celebrate them together and I'm gonna have a couple of drinks! I don't wanna leave my dd but I have Been with her every second of her life since she was born and I REALLY need some "me" time!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:18 PM
I don't see an issue with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethbeth
by Bronze Member on May. 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Go! And don't feel guilty about it.

There is no reason you can't have one night out after 9 months of round the clock mothering! It will help you be a better momma, and that will be better for your baby!

OliviaW.
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:19 PM

I don't have an issue with it. I have been away from my son since he was born either but I don't have any friends around here.

jessicaaris
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM
I wasn't a big drinker even before I had kids but I think it is fine. As long as they don't come home trashed. I would love to go out and have drinks but I can't take care of my kids drunk so I don't. But everyone needs a break and social interaction.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alylm09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:20 PM

If I ever get the chance to go any where I take it. I am currently a SAHM I am with her all day. Do all the house work. manage the bills , appointments and everything.. So If I can go to Kmart alone! Its a treat for me.. I usually get once a month or so to go out with the girls But I don't drink.. we get coffee or something. But No problem with it that I see!!! everyone needs "ME" time :)

Loveing_My_Life
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:21 PM

Its ok for moms to take a break!

Now mothers who are always doing it night after night or weekend after weekend I have a problem with.

Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 6:47 PM

I think a break here and there is just fine.

RaLeighsMommy11
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:15 PM
ugh me to! this one girl I know left her baby overnight when she was 3 DAYS OLD to go out & party! might I add she had a c section & this was the first night home.. and that's jus the beginning!!!

Quoting Loveing_My_Life:

Its ok for moms to take a break!

Now mothers who are always doing it night after night or weekend after weekend I have a problem with.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kyliees_mommy08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:16 PM

its wrong!!!!

lfrrll5
by on May. 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM
go for it there is nothing wrong with mom getting a much needed break
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)