Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for those who ff and get wic

Posted by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM
  • 56 Replies
just wondering...how many cans a month do you get nd do they last you the whole month
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArmyWifeAshlie
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:45 PM

Its been a while. I am not 100 percent sure how many we got when, but I do know I always had to buy 1-2 a month.

Daeraelle
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM
I get nine or ten cans a month, they last now. As she gets older I know I'll have to buy more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:46 PM

When my daughter was an infant, we were on WIC. We got 9 cans of formula and it almost lasted all month. We had to buy one extra can each month until she was about 8 months and then it started to be enough because she started to eat less and less formula. It got to the point to where she wouldn't eat more than 16 oz. a day.

Kyliees_mommy08
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:47 PM
I think we got 9 cans a month and they always lasted us and we fed our daughter on command
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sophistcatdfury
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:48 PM

i got 9 and i never ran out

Pandapanda
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:48 PM
We got 7 cans a month, and they did last the month, but we have switched to special formula that WIC won't cover.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessigarrett
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM

I HAD TWINS SO I THINK I GOT LIKE 20 CANS I CANT REALLY REMEMBER IT HAS BEEN 2 YEARS SINCE THEY HAVE BEEN OFF FORMULA.  I ALWAYS HAD EXTRA WHEN THEY SWITCHED FROM FORMUL TO REGULAR MILK I HAD ABOUT 15 CANS LEFT OVER

DEEANNALAMB81
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:49 PM

We get 10 cans a month and usually have to buy one or two more a month.

2ninos4me
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM
I bf and ff when i had my ds and we were given 5 cans a month and they did last all month : ) then around 8 months old ds stopped drinking the ff ( he just suddenly stopped ) so we gave away 4 cuz the other 4 were part of the recall that similac had at the moment !!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rhianonmat
by on May. 21, 2011 at 9:52 PM

If you get a prescription from a doctor... they'll cover ANY formula.

Quoting Pandapanda:

We got 7 cans a month, and they did last the month, but we have switched to special formula that WIC won't cover.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)