Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

sleep training help...

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
  • 32 Replies
Avery is 7 months. We've slept together since birth. She is so active and crawls in her sleep. She needs to be in a crib now. I put the crib in my room. She slept for awhile and is now screaming at me. I want her to just go to sleep though usually we put her to sleep in a bouncer or swing and then a few hours later she is in our bed...Idk what to do any suggestions are welcome...please..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abra
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM
The kids I sucessfully trained to sleep on their own, I started in their own crib much earlier. My one that I coslept with still tries to crawl into bed with us...she's 2. I'll be checking back for more tips. Good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:27 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:29 AM

This may sound mean, and it may annoy you if you try it but just put her in her crib and let her cry.... Your trying to break a bad habit and thats the only way she's going to learn..... My little one is 5 weeks and I never let him co sleep because this is the problem i have faced with my 5 year old.. he slept in bed with me all the time and then he never wanted to leave my bed or my room....Just put her in her crib and let her cry.. it's not going to hurt her... She'll eventually get the hint that no one is going to come pick her up....

MajorsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:34 AM
Lol. I do not believe in CIO. Im letting her cry for 3 minutes while I'm in the same room. Then I let her back down. Letting them cry is bad for their lungs and she has breathing issues so I couldn't even if I wanted too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:39 AM
Just be patient. I know it's not easy... Im up with my 9 month old right now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stormystar15
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:41 AM
I dunno my oldest didnt co sleep when he was born and since he was like 2 hes wanted to and hes 4 now so with my 4 month old im cosleeping and hopefully hell be opposite of his brother. bump though cause id love to know how
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tiffanijohnson
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:21 AM
That's exactly why I don't co-sleep.... I would let her cio. But I know most moms would disagree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:24 AM
I finally got her to sleep, I put one of my shirts next to her.(and swaddled her we still do 90% of the time) after about hour of letting her cry for 3 minutes laying her back down over and over again I wouldn't doubt it if she sleeps all night! I'm excited
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 11:16 AM
Bump, I never need to sleep train
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BiPolarMomto3
by on Jun. 6, 2011 at 1:11 AM

I'm not sure who told you that, but crying it out is NOT bad for their lungs.. Its actually good for them! But if she has breathing issues I would let her cry for as long as possible but without exerting her lungs so much she can't breathe.... She needs to learn that no means no and she can't have it her way anymore.I let my 5week old cry for 5 minutes or more.. Especially if I know he's exhausted because I know there's nothing more I can do for him.. Holding him doesn't work, feeding, burping, light massage.. So I let him fuss and cry until he fall's asleep

Quoting MajorsMommy:

Lol. I do not believe in CIO. Im letting her cry for 3 minutes while I'm in the same room. Then I let her back down. Letting them cry is bad for their lungs and she has breathing issues so I couldn't even if I wanted too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)