Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms who have breastfed in the past..

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM
  • 45 Replies

Why did you stop? If you have breastfed more than one then tell us about each experience.

Craft Cafe , Babies , November 2010 Babies , The Lounge
Join me in some of these great groups

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ArronEvanmomma
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:05 PM
I stopped because they prefered bottle and I needed surgery. They also weren't thriving
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2gr8tgirls
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:12 PM

I stopped cuz she was 1 and I didn't want to do it anymore.

mamacifuni
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM
bc I had to go back to work and couldn't pump enough
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
teachermama924
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:16 PM
I stopped because we were having food allergy issues. I ebf for over five months but she was always sick even after I changed my diet. After I tried goat milk she refused breastmilk and would only drink goat milk. So I stopped.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:18 PM
17months and going strong here!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Well, I THINK my daughter is finished now.  SHe will be 4 yrs old in just under 6 weeks.  I stopped with her because I am pregnant with my 3rd, nursing my 2nd (only 20 months), and didn't want to tri-andem nurse.  We weaned slowly and she is basically fine with it.  She tried to nurse on June 1 but couldn't get milk so I think she is done.  I hope my 2nd gets to at least age 2, I will encourage it a lot until that point then let him do what he will do.  Same iwth my next one (due in Nov).  My minimum is 2 yrs nad then whatever the child wants mostly.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:36 PM
Oldest-6 months
Second oldest-9 months
Baby-slowly weaning at one
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Blue_Spiral
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:37 PM

I'm still EBF my 6 month old but I had a dream last night that I had sextuplets and was desperately trying to breastfeed them all. Interesting lol

JazzysWifey
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM
My daughter made it 13 months... By then she was only nursing at night, so it was purely a comfort thing and we just kinda weaned without even attempting to
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 2:54 PM

With my son...he nursed 18 months. I night weaned him at 14 months and got pregnant when he was 16 months. My boobs burned so bad that it killed me everytime he nursed so I weaned him. It was very easy!

My daughter is 7 months. We are going on a cruise when she is 18 months. I think I will wean her by then. My original plan was to let her self wean but I have since changed my mind. I really want to go on this cruise. I feel selfish but I also feel I very much deserve this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)