Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

not napping! help!

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
my son will be 11 weeks tomorrow. and for the past two weeks he's only napped for 3-4 hours total each day, sometimes less! he'll sleep 11-14 hours total in one day. sometimes he's awake for 4 hours at a time! no matter what i try to do he just won't nap! the longest he's slept is 4 hours straight, and that was only once! most of the time he's up at night every 1 1/2-2 1/2 hours.

is this bad? i hear about how napping more helps babies sleep better at night but he refuses!

help!
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:02 PM
I'm not sure. Bump! It seems pretty normal to me. Is he breast or bottle fed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:11 PM

Pretty normal.  4 hours straight is a pretty good nap.  My 10 week old takes a short morning nap then a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon and up most of the rest of the time.  She sleeps pretty well at night.

deciduousdream
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:27 PM
no, 4hrs straight at night - and only once since he was born. his longest nap was 2hrs and that was weeks ago.

he's EBF

Quoting mollysmom328:

Pretty normal.  4 hours straight is a pretty good nap.  My 10 week old takes a short morning nap then a 3-4 hour nap in the afternoon and up most of the rest of the time.  She sleeps pretty well at night.

scurnes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:33 PM

sounds like my son and he is 14 weeks, he takes short naps during the  day for no longer than 2 hrs at most.  more often than not his naps are only 45 min - 1 hr and he wakes up about every 2.5 - 3 hrs at night. 

jridgill
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

I'm not sure. Bump! It seems pretty normal to me. Is he breast or bottle fed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 10:13 AM
It's especially normal for breastfed babies since they need to be fed mre often.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)