Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sleeping on Tummy

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM
  • 13 Replies

When did you let your child sleep on his/her tummy?  Joshua is 14 weeks and sleeps so much better this way but we only do it sometimes during naps.  He will actually sleep longer which is nice cause he usually only takes 45 min naps.

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:55 PM
When they could roll over : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sydjademom24
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 4:57 PM

Tara will be 5 months old on the 9th of this month. She just started wanting to sleep on her stomach with her butt up in the air...lol, about a month ago.  So I would put her down on her side, and she would roll over the way she wanted to sleep. She's sleeping through the night now, and she's done great, we haven't had any problems. I always let my girls sleep on their stomachs when they wanted to, and they do sleep alot better on their stomachs verses their back. I always keep a monitor on like an inch away from where the baby is sleeping too....lol. I think it's totally okay though. 

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:02 PM

All my kids were the same way, I let them sleep on their stomach as long as they were in the room with me, so I moved their crib into our room till they got older. I am a VERY sensitive sleeper, I hear every cough, sniffle and turnover in our house.

Ty was sleeping on his back fine and recently started rolling over on to his stomach at night, but he is 5 months and can rollover back and forth himself.

scurnes
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:06 PM

He can roll from his tummy to back and from his back to his side so thats why I have been letting him sleep this way.  He will pull his legs under him so his butt is in the air.

SandraB383
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:08 PM

Chloe...I gave up trying to get her to sleep on her back after a couple weeks. Jackson always slept on his tummy.

mommyziegler
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:44 PM

i let them sleep on their tummy as soon as they could roll over

Sonylena
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 5:47 PM

Once they can roll themselves. And I feel much better this time since we have the Angel Care Mat. Not that they replaces good parenting but does help me feel better about them on their tummy. Savannah is 6 weeks and I still put her on her back for sleep although sometimes I'll let her catch a nap on her tummy.

soon2bemama2008
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Hannah has been sleeping on her tummy since 3 weeks old (she's now 7 months) because this is the way she would sleep for longer periods. Still to this day she will not sleep on her back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NavyMommy2011
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:12 PM
Same. My son starts onhis back but ends up on his side/tummy.

Quoting la_bella_vita:

When they could roll over : )

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rbailey2414
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 8:15 PM
My first two children were belly sleepers from the start, but my third likes his back. He is 2 weeks old so still early but he is a good sleeper on his back!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)