Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Some fun things to do with your child?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM
  • 19 Replies

I have a 1 1/2 yr old daughter, and i hate keeping us cooped up in the house!! i mean, the park kinda gets old after a while. and we don't necessarily have to GO anywhere, it would be nice to have some indoor activities as well since its starting to get hot. i just have no idea what to do! i try to let her color sometimes (or scribble) but she still likes to put everything in her mouth. and we're trying to save up (2nd baby on the way) so any outdoor activities that are either cheap or free would be great! what ideas do you all have??

by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 6:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:25 PM
Make a tent/cave : ) With blankets and chairs or whatever
Crafts
Puzzles
Nature trails are fun : )
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Good ideas!

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Make a tent/cave : ) With blankets and chairs or whatever
Crafts
Puzzles
Nature trails are fun : )

jridgill
by on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:08 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lcherniske
by Member on Jun. 5, 2011 at 2:13 PM
Clay- you could do Pb clay if you are worried about her eating it. Fingerpainting- could do pudding if worried lol.
RINZZ
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:19 PM

bubles are always a hit.  and sprout had a segment on bubble paintings.. adding paint to the bubbles and having them set on paper to make bubble pics. great idea.  my son just loves bubbles. and we dance.

hope it helps. 

ms.sophsmom
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 2:21 PM
I recently gt sidewalk chalk for dd n she loved it.. I also bought her a jumbo coloring book to scribble in... I'm considering playdough, dd is almost two
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Loving19mommy92
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 4:53 PM

Reading is fun also you can play hide and seek I would play in the house her being so young. Also putting shaving cream on the table and drawing pics in it was fun when i was a kid. Make some cookies and decorate them. Sing and dance. Sprinklers since it's hot outside just run in them. Make home made pop sicles. Making forts and crawling in them are fun. playing pretend games can be really fun too. Maybe hopskotch if she jumps and I would be careful with that but if you think your daughter could do it that is fun too. I baby sat a kid that was that young and had some plastic easter eggs and hid them and we found them even though it wasn't easter it was really fun I also let him hide them. 

Loving19mommy92
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 4:54 PM

Oh and when you play hide and seek even if you know where she is really act like you don't I always look everywhere before revealing I know where they are. 

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jun. 7, 2011 at 4:59 PM

does your local park have a child play group? some city & country parks do that.

SoniaL
by on Jun. 7, 2011 at 7:22 PM

Sprinkler.  Walks in the woods (cooler and so much to see).

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)