Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are your little ones in daycare?

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
  • 7 Replies
If so What was it like the 1st day to leave your child with strangers? How old was or is your lo's when they started daycare? And how did they react? I am asking because I might have to put my dd is daycare. I dont want to but the only family I have here to watch her is her daddys mom which she never feels good. shes sick. and my parents are lazy and sick so they never offer. My little one is 5 months old and i dont want to put her in daycre i feel like its torture to leave them with someone they dont know. I just wanted to know how you and your children dealt with it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 9:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
maybebaby83
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:12 PM

No daycare here

amberpatterson
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM
Wow. I could never do that. But I do not condone you I know that a lot of people have to do that to their children. But who knows I know like with me when I was in day care we ended up with the lady for ever and just fell in love with her. It happens like that a lot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:17 PM

Quoting maybebaby83:

No daycare here

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AlwaysKISA
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:19 PM
Mine were both 18 months when we put them in daycare. And they actually go to the same daycare I did as a child and with the same ladies. So definitely not strangers lol.

My situation us a but different from yours...but you gotta do what you gotta do and you should definitely never ever feel guilty for it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mandyjh
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:23 PM
I had to put my first in daycare at 6 weeks old! It was really hard and I worked at the daycare, so I knew the people I was leaving him with, and I still cried my eyes out!! I left the room after dropping him off and just went down stairs were I worked, I had tears just pouring out of my eyes, everyone kept asking if I was ok, and I was like laughing and crying, tears pouring, saying I really was ok! In other words I was a complete mess!! I don't know how mothers do it, that have to actually leave the building! LOL! Luckily I got to quit and be a SAHM when my son turned 8 months, and I have been ever sence :)
It is hard in the beginning hun! But it does get better with time, Hang in there and good luck!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Honeybun09
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:26 PM

I had to put my daughter in daycare at 11 months old and I took her back out at 23 months old! I hated working and I hated having her in daycare. It never got easy. I always felt so guilty and thought about her every single second of the day and always hoping I would get off early so I could go get her. It was terrible.

DEEANNALAMB81
by on Jun. 4, 2011 at 10:29 PM

I am sorry, I don't have any advice for ya. I have not had to put any of mine in daycare. I recently quit my job because I couldn't bare the thought of putting my LO (also 5 months) in daycare.

hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)