Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need helpp.

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:58 AM
  • 7 Replies
My daughter doesn't understand the difference in night and day. She is three weeks old and she sleeps all day and up all night. She wakes up at 1 am and is awake til 7 am then sleeps til 11am then awake til 1pm then is asleep and only awakes up to eat and get changed. I don't know what to do I've tried everything to try and change her sleep schedule. Any ideas??
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Starhard36
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:42 AM
This may sound mean but it might help. Try to cut her feedings in half during the day she won't sleep if she is hungry. She won't starve. Then when ur ready to put her down at night feed her like normal and she will fall asleep with a full tummy. Just an idea good luck!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:02 AM

that's completely normal for her age. her sleeping patterns will change as she gets older.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:22 AM

You can teach her the difference between day and night : ) I did it with all my babies and it must have worked because all 3 are excellent sleepers. During the day, let her see sunlight, hear louder noises and be more playful with her. Than at night use nightlights, whisper, minimize playing and keep it quieter.

angela.bouchard
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:11 PM

this! but it is completely normal for what she is doing right now, she's only 3 weeks old

Quoting la_bella_vita:

You can teach her the difference between day and night : ) I did it with all my babies and it must have worked because all 3 are excellent sleepers. During the day, let her see sunlight, hear louder noises and be more playful with her. Than at night use nightlights, whisper, minimize playing and keep it quieter.

CafeMom Tickersfeeding baby

http://www.cafemom.com/group/113812 Join me in Recklass Compassion!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/105404/ Join me in Young Moms Completely Uncensored!

ashleywagoner
by Platinum Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:15 PM
I had the blinds open with sunlight pouring in, radio or tv on, and talking during the day... Then no talking, always dim at night. Do not feed less during the day! That is not good for the baby, and if you are nursing it would hurt your supply. Also make sure you do a bedtime routine. We give ayden a bath, lotion massage, and then I nurse him to sleep every night. GL mama!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mollysmom328
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:20 PM

this 100% the worse thing you can do breast or bottle is to not feed on demand at 3 weeks

Quoting ashleywagoner:

I had the blinds open with sunlight pouring in, radio or tv on, and talking during the day... Then no talking, always dim at night. Do not feed less during the day! That is not good for the baby, and if you are nursing it would hurt your supply. Also make sure you do a bedtime routine. We give ayden a bath, lotion massage, and then I nurse him to sleep every night. GL mama!!

PEEK05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:32 PM

Quoting la_bella_vita:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)