Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cry rooms at the movie theatre?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:31 AM
  • 6 Replies

have you ever heard of the movie theatre having a cry room for parents that bring their babys/LOs? have you been in one? if so, what's it like? we a theatre here that has one but we have never been in it and not sure that we would want to...

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Jeckers
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:39 AM
I remember they had them when I was small. It was a room at the back of the theater with a big glass window and its own door. And it had speakers for the sound. I think its a decent idea. If your kid started crying you didn't have to leave the movie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jessicaaris
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:46 AM

I have never been in one. Our theater has 2 screens so yeah......ghetto.

popcorn

Mom71307
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:13 AM

Yeah, I just don't take my young kids to the movies... I am paying good money to go there and having to deal with an infant or young child is just not worth it.  I leave them with a sitter or wait until they are older and can enjoy the movie themselves... I certainly wouldn't be taking a child into a movie for adults either.  Frankly, it bugs me when people do this... the rest of the audience paid money to see that movie too and we do NOT want it interrupted by you walking in front of the screen to get out with your screaming baby OR simply interrupted by your screaming baby.  IF the child is quiet, then to each their own but I don't want to deal with it...

Oliviyah
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:14 AM
I've nevr seen thm
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LilDzMamma2010
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:16 AM
I haven't seen them but I would love them.... lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwaystheresa
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 10:19 AM

I agree with this. But if you want to stay in the crying room the entire time then that is just fine with me. I only go to the movies maybe three times a year and I leave my baby at home. I want to enjoy the movie that I pay 13.50 for. Having a screaming baby or people acting up and cell phones just make me really mad.

Quoting Mom71307:

Yeah, I just don't take my young kids to the movies... I am paying good money to go there and having to deal with an infant or young child is just not worth it.  I leave them with a sitter or wait until they are older and can enjoy the movie themselves... I certainly wouldn't be taking a child into a movie for adults either.  Frankly, it bugs me when people do this... the rest of the audience paid money to see that movie too and we do NOT want it interrupted by you walking in front of the screen to get out with your screaming baby OR simply interrupted by your screaming baby.  IF the child is quiet, then to each their own but I don't want to deal with it...

Mommy of Zooey Ellen and Stepmom of Cohen and Gavin

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)