Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Drinking coffee while nursing?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:06 AM
  • 8 Replies

I was wondering how many moms drink coffee while nursin? I'd have coffee off n on while pregnant nothing crazy but I need something to help me stay up with my 3 yr old (hes got adhd) I feel like I need a million naps lol

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
ingrid198
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:07 AM

im still nursing my dd whose 15 mos old and i drink atleast a cup of coffee a day sometmes 2, i have a rammy 3 yr old that i have to keep up after so i completely understand lol

TMommyx2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:13 AM

My lo is 3 months and I drink 2 cups daily and EBF.

dedicatedmama2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 11:44 AM

Do either of your babies throw up often? My son has been throwing up the past couple days and Ive been drinking more coffee then normal so  I thought that may be the problem. Hes not sick, he's laughing away and playing. Its just about 20 minutes after he eats he throws up. I talked to his doc and hes keeping up with his weight so I dont know whats up

babygomez
by April on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:30 PM

I don't nurse.

Bump!

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:08 PM

I did, I only drank 2 cups a day though

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:09 PM

Quoting dedicatedmama2:

Do either of your babies throw up often? My son has been throwing up the past couple days and Ive been drinking more coffee then normal so  I thought that may be the problem. Hes not sick, he's laughing away and playing. Its just about 20 minutes after he eats he throws up. I talked to his doc and hes keeping up with his weight so I dont know whats up

My son would throw up often after nursing. They said he had mild acid reflux. I'm not sure if it's the same for you though.

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I nurse my almost 16month old and have at least one iced coffee a day.

abra
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:22 PM
I do in moderation.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)