Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Disney World

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM
  • 10 Replies

We are looking into going to Disney next summer.  My son will be 15 months.  Has anyone had experience in taking a child this age to Disney? Suggestions and comments welcomed. :)

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:39 PM

I have not ... but know that other moms have. here's a bump for you.

landon030707
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:41 PM

You can go on DisneyWorld's website and go to Mom's Panel....it's awesome

mkri244
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

My husband and I have been to Disney several times and love it there.  Just want to make a great expereince for my son as well. :)

ctfirsttimemom
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:43 PM

we went when our son was 2 years 4 months, but one of my friends took her son at that age and he LOVED it.  They went for a week and broke up the days with pool time and the little splash pads around the parks/ hotels.  He loved the character buffet dining.  They just worked around his schedule, and she said he just took his afternoon nap in his stroller in the parks since he would wear himself out. 

jnttd
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:44 PM
My parents took us to Disney World as children. My brother was 15, my sister was 10, and I was 5. They had a lot of fun. I was way too young.
I got to ride and do some things but the problem was that I remember very, very little of it. Growing up I was always really upset that I don't get to keep that fun, happy memory. We never got to go again because they already spent the money once.
IMO I would wait a few more years. If not, they're going to tell you that you never took them. Your going to show them pictures but they're going to tell you it isn't fair because they can't remember it. Unless you plan on multiple trips, that is.
All I remember is the car ride there and looking up at the Dunno ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jnttd
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:46 PM
*YOU'RE going to show them pictures
*the DUMBO ride.

Quoting jnttd:

My parents took us to Disney World as children. My brother was 15, my sister was 10, and I was 5. They had a lot of fun. I was way too young.

I got to ride and do some things but the problem was that I remember very, very little of it. Growing up I was always really upset that I don't get to keep that fun, happy memory. We never got to go again because they already spent the money once.

IMO I would wait a few more years. If not, they're going to tell you that you never took them. Your going to show them pictures but they're going to tell you it isn't fair because they can't remember it. Unless you plan on multiple trips, that is.

All I remember is the car ride there and looking up at the Dunno ride.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2inMommysWorld
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 12:52 PM
We went to disneyland in april and my daughter was 4 and my son was 14 months old I personally wouldn't take a baby that age. We only took my son cause it was my daughters trip it would be more of a trip for you unless you have older kids. Theres just not much they can do and they'll never remember it I would wait until he's like 4 when he'll remember it.
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Nope! Bump!

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:17 PM
BUMP this is a good one for andee
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jridgill
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:54 PM

Quoting mommyhonu:

I have not ... but know that other moms have. here's a bump for you.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)