Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I never ever feel like i'm doing the right thing in regards to my 18mo sleep

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM
  • 12 Replies
She's ready for nap about 4-5hrs after we wake up. She sleeps for MAYBE an hour. Then she's up till bed time which is often about 7-8hrs after she wakes up from nap. One 1hr nap a day doesn't seem like enough but idk how much an 18mo should get. And i'm sure she'd go to sleep in the after noon but then its so close to dinner/bed time that it doesn't feel like the right thing to do. What are your thoughts? Is this okay?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mena929
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:15 PM

Perfectly ok in my book. By 18 months a lot of toddlers are down to one nap a day. As long as she is getting enough sleep at night it shouldn't be a problem

mommyhonu
by Mary on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM

how ealry does she go to bed at night?

my 16 month old only take 1 nap a day and maybe a 2nd nap if he super tired. if not he'll go to bed early.

Misery_Stitches
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:17 PM
agree with this

Quoting Mena929:

Perfectly ok in my book. By 18 months a lot of toddlers are down to one nap a day. As long as she is getting enough sleep at night it shouldn't be a problem

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:19 PM
She goes to bed between 7 and 8 on most nights. Usually start the bath around 715. One nap a day is cool with me its just how short it is and how early in the day it starts is what concerns me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Silver Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Brylee is the same way,she is 15 months old and ever since she was a newborn she only took 1 nap a day.Sometimes 2 hours tops never longer though. My pediatrician says she is fine,just makes for a very long day lol.

KenzieQsMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:24 PM
Heck yeah it does! She has never been a good napper for me either.

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Brylee is the same way,she is 15 months old and ever since she was a newborn she only took 1 nap a day.Sometimes 2 hours tops never longer though. My pediatrician says she is fine,just makes for a very long day lol.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Bump!

jridgill
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 2:57 PM
My toddler has never been a sleeper.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
expectantmom81
by Erin on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Ds took one at that age but it was in the mid afternoon for about 2 hours. Does she act tired? Maybe try making her hold of another hour or two before nap.

tairelswifey
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:00 PM

Try pushing her nap a little later...start off by 15 minutes and every day or 2 progressively make it later. my son was always ready for a nap at 11am..after a month or 2...i have him pushed back to 1pm and now he always sleeps at least 2 hours. he is up by 3pm and goes to bed at 8pm

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)