Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other tiny babies?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM
  • 43 Replies
Emily my almost 11 month old weighs 11 pounds..Her gastro. is admitting her to the hospital on wed. he said unless she gains quite a bit before then..I am nervous about her being admitted, has anyone else went through this with their baby?

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyKelleyX3
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 3:49 PM

Wow...that sounds scary.  Hope everything is okay!

PEEK05
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:19 PM

Wow I hope everything is okay.

My little guy is 2 months old and just hit 10 pounds. He's in the 17th percentile so he is little but not like super tiny or anything.

MyasMommy463
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Wow..TINY TINY TINY!!! Good luck momma... My DD was admitted to the hospital but not for that reason... r they saying its failure to thrive?

Misery_Stitches
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:21 PM
no sorry, my boy was a little more than 11 lbs at birth!

but i hope you can figure it all out and that your little darling starts to put on good amounts of weight soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
southernlady184
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:22 PM

good luck.....i had preemies and they never left the hospital until their weight was up there a bit......sadly cadhla never left.....she is missed by all of us.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 4:52 PM

((hugs)) I hope everything is okay

mommareed
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Quoting MyasMommy463:

Wow..TINY TINY TINY!!! Good luck momma... My DD was admitted to the hospital but not for that reason... r they saying its failure to thrive?

Thanks, yeah she is diagnosed FTT. She is pretty far off the chart as you could imagine...idk we have been doing a wild goose chase with her weight since she has been born. She'll gain good just enough to where they wont admit her thinking she will keep on that track, then her weight gain slows waaay down. this last weight in she gained 9 grams a day, And I guess it should be around 30. What I dont understand is they want to admit her for a feeding tube..yet she eats about every half hour yesterday no joke she went through 10 jars of stage 2 baby food, nursed, and had table food with us LOL I just dont get it.

On a side note she is rolling over but she still isnt sitting yet..arnt most 11 month old sitting by now?

mommareed
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:16 PM
Thanks everyone I really appreciate it!!
jessicaaris
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:29 PM
My 20 month old only 20 pounds but she is perfectly healthy. She was born 6.11 lbs but she is just petite.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
angeline
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 6:37 PM
My dd had weight gaining issues too , not as severe as ur lo , but at a year old she was about 14-15 lbs , the size of my 4 month old now :/ ... She was never admitted , but I was a struggle . She is 4 now and we still have issues , but not as bad as it was before... Good luck , I hope all goes well :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)