Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

homemade baby food advice please! piog

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM
  • 3 Replies

hey mamas!

im about to start making my sons food at home and was wondering what the best products were. whats the best food processor i can get for my money? whats the yummiest baby food cook book? what should i look out for and what worked for your kids?

im going to be making big batches to share with my friends and family so i need a food processor that will be durable, easy to clean and easy to use (and cheap!).

advice please???

by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mom71307
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:24 PM

I would say, baby led solids.  There is NO need to do purees... if baby is not able to handle small bites of foods, baby is not ready for solids.  You can look on www.wholesomebabyfood.com for more on this and other recipe ideas, etc.

ASigler86
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:28 PM
Get a decent steam basket for your stove top and IF you choose to do "puree", you can always smash the steamed food with a fork or use a blender.:-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyLittleMan1008
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 5:29 PM

I make all my sons food and use a blender. If you are making big batches a food processor would be good, I have a cuisan art that i like but I do not pull it out for just his food. You really dont need a lot of fancy items, it is really easy and so much better for them. Some suggestions on foods would be squash, sweet potatoes, pears and apples. I bake his and they really can just be mashed without using blender. The only think i really blend are the meats and some of his pastas.

Good luck and just have fun with it, I loved creating combinations he loved!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)