Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how does it feel when you get an iud put in?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM
  • 22 Replies
does it hurt? how long does it take? will i be able to drive myself home?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 7:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Daylorenasmom
by Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM
It hurts a lil bit but.more like.crampin with a period and yea u can drive urself home ull be cramoin for a few then ull forget all about it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dedicatedmama2
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:01 PM

The 1st time I had it, it just kinda popped in. It was uncomfortable but nothing crazy. The 2nd time I got it it was not uncomfortable at all but I ended up spotting for a month, thats your body getting use to it. If you do get it ask them to cut and tuck the strings because other wise intercourse will hurt him like a bitch!! DH said it felt like he was being poked by a needle, they soften up after about a month too so its not bad at all. I LOVE my IUD  :)  oh and it only takes like 15 min at the most and thats including getting undressed and waiting for the doc lol You dont go under or anything, its kinda like getting a pap

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM
Never had experience with this
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MajorsMommy
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:27 PM
To me it felt like when you are getting checked when your in labor. Then a little pinch.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MwithV_xo
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

well they put mine in when i wasn't on my period. i had the cold sweats because it hurt A LOT. it's a LOT of pinching and VERY uncomfortable. i wouldn't drive yourself home honestly. i cramped afterward and had to lie down for the rest of the day.

polkadot80
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:29 PM

i will be honest, it hurt like hell when i had mine done.  take 4 advil before you go,seriously!  i have a small uterus (so says my obgyn as she was putting it in!), it took her 3 times, and ouch!

abra
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:30 PM

I've never had one

kltaylor07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:32 PM
I had mine in at my 6 week appointment. Didnt even know she had done it and it was over.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vampire2007
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:38 PM
yuk. not what i wanted to hear. i wont be on my period either since im nursing and have not gotten it yet

Quoting MwithV_xo:

well they put mine in when i wasn't on my period. i had the cold sweats because it hurt A LOT. it's a LOT of pinching and VERY uncomfortable. i wouldn't drive yourself home honestly. i cramped afterward and had to lie down for the rest of the day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
abra
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:48 PM
bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)