Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever had to take your Little One in to the E.R.?

Posted by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM
  • 25 Replies
If yes, what was the reason for taking them in?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shani527
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:07 PM
No sorry can't say that I have w .... wait I had to take my older one in bc it was after hours and she got bit by a dog on her lip.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HMHUTSON
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:09 PM

I had to call 911, my son went into Anaphylactic shock after he tasted a peanutbutter M&M. We now know he is allergic to tree nuts, he was almost 14 months when it happened.

mama_girl07
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:12 PM

My oldest got a trip when she was about 9 months old. She was throwing up every 20 mins for about 4 hours and couldnt even keep water down. We spent about 3 hours in the er to get her rehydrated and some anti-nausea meds.

LilRed2130
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:15 PM

The last time i took my DS to the ER was in April...... 2 get his bandage from his circumcision removed....it was horrible : (

joci2203
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:21 PM

Nope.

i.heart.myboys
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM
Yup! His G tube came out and I couldn't get back in. Now I don't have to go to the ER for that but radiology and call a head of time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CANDYLC
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:25 PM

Asthma attack

Gabeys_Mommy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:28 PM
Yes. Gabe is almost 4 and he only went once, for croup & couldn't breathe.Maddy is only 1 and has unfortunately gone 3x. Once for passing out at home(turned out to be RSV) and 2 really bad UTIs that flared up overnight...high fevers, throwing up, turning blue...thankfully we seem to be past that since I figured out the wipes caused the issue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShannonLopez
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:31 PM

once so far,when he was like 3weeks old he had a stuffy noes i freaked out because  my son is my only baby so i was just making sure he was okay and he was just a stuffy noes from the weather changing 

Abelsmomma
by on Jul. 8, 2011 at 8:33 PM

Yes one horrifying time!  My two week old baby started running a high temp of 101.  They ran all kinds of tests on him and kept him for a few days but everything turned out ok.  Scared me more than anything!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)