Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Possible colic?

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM
  • 5 Replies
Does anyone elses baby cry while being fed? Its like shes hungry, drinking from the bottle fine...then cries a sec, then does it again.
I am not sure what this is but can some one also tell me how a colicy baby acts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
DEEANNALAMB81
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 3:24 AM
Are you sure she doesn't have reflux or excessive gas. Ty used to get real fussy during feedings and arch is back it was almost impossible to feed him.

We played around with different formulas under doc supervision of course and found a formula that didn't make him gassy or uncomfortable during feedings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:03 AM

Colic is when baby screams every day at the SAME Time for no apparent reason.  This is NOT colic... what you are experiencing is more likely a gas issue or formula issue.  I have had babies scream at me while feeding but not from the bottle... when BFing, they sometimes get mad that the milk isn't coming fast enough when they are starving so we solve that by feeding earlier... don't know about bottles.

mamaMG
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 8:10 AM

do you give formula or breast milk? because they say babies that are bf can have reflux more often then formula babies. my lil guy is bfed and have bad reflux is on zantac and that is exactly how he acted. if you are bfing, you should stop eating garlic, spicy food, and really acidic foods as much. and if you arnet ask doctor if you can try zantac or prilosec. it is a precription you give twice a day. how old is baby?

mollysmom328
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:12 AM

Actually reflux in bf babies is not very common or there is an underlying reason.  The 2 most common is an overactive letdown or dairy sensitivity which neither would require medication

OP:  Can't help sorry :(  We're bfing and my dd cries while eating sometimes

Quoting mamaMG:

do you give formula or breast milk? because they say babies that are bf can have reflux more often then formula babies. my lil guy is bfed and have bad reflux is on zantac and that is exactly how he acted. if you are bfing, you should stop eating garlic, spicy food, and really acidic foods as much. and if you arnet ask doctor if you can try zantac or prilosec. it is a precription you give twice a day. how old is baby?

la_bella_vita
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 9:45 AM

My acid reflux baby did this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)