Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OT about money but need opinions please

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM
  • 1 Replies

My husband sold one of his guns the other day to a friend and with the money he was planning on getting a nice A/C because ours is tiny and sucks (which the landlords will take off of our rent so basically they are paying for it in the long run) and some stuff for the yard because we don't have a mower and stuff. And ofcourse there are a million other things we could do with the money that would be very helpful to us. But I was not happy that he decided to sell his gun and have basically been avoiding the topic so I don't get mad about it. I am not happy about him selling his gun because it was completely unneccessary that he do it but at the same time having this extra money will help us get the things we need to get and also put some away for the holidays. But I am on the fence about how I should handle this situation. I don't want to him to blow through it because he is bad with money but at the same time I am not happy about him even having the money so part of me wants nothing to do with it. It was his decision to sell his gun (without my opinion) so I think he should do what he wants with it and when it is gone he will only have himsef to blame. And another part of me wants to help him make good decisions so we can make it last as long as possible. But I can't be upset about him having the money and still spend it at the same time. So I don't know what to do. I need outside opinions please.

by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
lauratupper
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:15 AM

maybe just ask him if he wants to go look at an a/c or whatever else you need....instead of talking about it I would try to just get him to go shopping instead. so like "hey hun lets go look at/go get such and such today"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)