Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moms of preemies I have a ??

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM
  • 19 Replies
I was wanting to know did your preemie baby cry alot? I have a preemie that was born 5 weeks early and she hardly cries. Not that I'm complaining but I just didn't know if preemie babies cry more or less. This is my first time having a preemie. My other 2 were full term. Any advice or anything else I should know about Having a preemie would be greatly appreciated :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
daydreamer86
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM
My son was born at 37.3 weeks and cries constantly.. only way he stops is when the milk jugs are in his mouth.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauratupper
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM

I am not sure about the crying, I think it just depends on the baby...every baby is different, even preemies.

la_bella_vita
by Bella on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM

I'm not sure, bump!

lora2905
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:11 AM
DS wasn't really a crier but we did wear him almost all day. He had reflux and would be uncomfortable laying flat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brendens_mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:16 AM

mine was a 25 weeker and he wasnt overly fussy... he cried when he was hungry or needed a diaper  general baby needs really... he didnt have a loud cry you had to be right there to hear him lol...  does she cry to let you know she needs something?? dumb question i know but as long as she lets you know she needs something i wouldnt worry too much.

asheleyt
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 10:58 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:31 AM

I don't have a preemie but I think each baby has a different temperament and maybe this baby is just a little bit easier. :)

brendens_mommy
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:34 AM

i wouldnt worry too much... like i said in my previous post (sorry didnt get to finish it) mine wasnt too fussy just when he needed something he still is a laid back child

bcbmami
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:44 AM
My son was born at 26w 6d and he rarely cried. Only when he was hungry or needed his diaper changed. Like a pp said, as long as you know when baby needs something, I wouldn't worry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom71307
by on Aug. 17, 2011 at 11:50 AM

My preemie (also 5 weeks) didn't cry more or less than my full term baby I don't think.  He was healthy... just little. He didn't have the digestive issues that my full term baby did but from the beginning, he has been opinionated!  They are different kids with different personalities and I don't think any of them have to do with their gestational ages!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)